Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi All!

We had some odd behavior on the elements server yesterday. I ran a database cleanup which caused a prolonged outage, but now it seems things are better than new. I'll be keeping an eye on things closely over the next couple days.

Also, the forum is likely to find a new home on a new server soon. Either this or next weekend. There will be some downtime as things get moved over.
Thanks, Spyder! Glad that it is not a serious problem!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Thank you for taking such good care of us, Spider.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thanks for the update. :love:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks for keeping us posted, Spyder. Now, if you are going to be checking this thread. HOW ABOUT E-MAIL NOTIFICATION ON COMMENTS MADE IN OUR GALLERY!! I know I am a pest. Members if you would like to see this added, please put a yes in here also. Might help.
Count me in, Suzi.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
thank you, Reka. Come on guys, if you would llike this put your 2 cents in here. It might help
Thanks for letting us know Spider. Is it possible to tell us before you change the server? At least tell me so I can answer the e-mails I get when the forum is down. lol.

Gallery comments notifications would be nice.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Yeah on what Suzi said. Is this just a new home or are any L O N G awaited/requested/desired/lusted after enhancements in the wings ? ? ? :pray: :pray: :pray:
John
Suzi, the irony was that I had just sat down with a tasty espresso to figure out where to insert preference adminstration for comment notifications when the server went crazy for the second time in 12 hours. I am working on it now...

Kim, I had not made any changes actually (only have some planned, and I'll be sure to send out a note), server gremlins decided yesterday was the day to attack.... Good thinking on the email, I will see if I can have the server monitoring systems email forum admins when the gremlins attack.

(we also had a major failure of a core switch early monday, which might have brought out some gremlins...)
13 posts Page 1 of 2