Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi Steve,
Have you tried to delete manually the PrestoPhoto cookies in your browser?
See this post where Bayla and me had problems to log in:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5050
As a matter of fact, I still must login every time, but at least, I can log in with my saved login and password. I had to delete the forum cookies and block the forum to write cookies for this. It seems there is a lack of sync in login for PrestoPhoto and the forum in your case.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Hi Michel,
Yes, I think I've tried all the permutations of deleting board cookies, logging out, deleting browser cookies, returning to the forum by hand-typing the URL in my browser, and logging in. In one try, I restarted the PC after deleting all the above-mentioned stuff.

I always log out and do not let the forum log me in automatically. Whenever I do that, it hands me the previous 24-36 hrs of posts, rather than just those since my last visit.

Steve :wave:
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
If you ever get this straightened out please post. I am not having the same problem but not here on the forum. Unfortunately it is on the site I need the images from for the work I do on newsletters. YIKES. I get the background images on the site but not product images. I have tried also, everything mentioned here and system restore to before it started

Ok, so I have now tried using a different computer. Same issues here. Could this be a network issue and if so, any suggestions on how to fix it. Main router is not located in the house, it is about 100 yards away in the office. Forgot to mention also that same issue in FIrefox and Internet Explorer

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
It's hard to think that this is a PC or network problem...I started having trouble right about the time Spider posted something about upgrades being made and he hoped we didn't notice. I assume he meant that behind-the-curtain stuff had been changed.

I had made no changes on my PC, downloaded no software, uninstalled no software, etc. etc. etc...not even any Windows Updates...

What I recall of the "Scientific Method" from high school has to do with eliminating variables and changes. Since I have added no variables to my system before the problem started, I have trouble thinking that there's something going on here.

I haven't heard any more from PrestoPhoto support but I'll be sure to post anything I learn.

I had a problem on Facebook yesterday - couldn't get into a bunch of stuff. Turns out there was a slight change in coding on Facebooks end that didn't work well with the Firefox add-on "Ad Block Plus". Someone with much more computer knowledge than I have figured out what filter needed to be added to ABP and once I did that everything started working correctly again.

I'm wondering if something similar might be the problem here. Although it doesn't seem to be affecting all FF users equally.
Hi Jane,
It's nice to see you again. I thought your AdBlock Plus idea was interesting so I disabled Adblock, logged out of the forum, exited Firefox, came back in, logged in at the forum, and nothing had changed. Adblock has no effect on anything here. I blocked and unblocked everything possible, but there was no change to the problem in question.

All Right!

Just a few minutes ago when I logged in to the forum, my Rolling Gallery was back.

Then I found an E-mail from about 2 hours ago saying "This was a time zone issue. A software update looks to have fixed things."

I don't comprendo the "time zone issue" even a little bit, but I don't need to. :biggrin:

Steve :thanks:
It's clear, Steve,

You are simply wandering around in another zone; sometimes it takes the rolling gallery a while to catch up with you.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
18 posts Page 2 of 2