Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
On many of the links if not on most of the links I only get a site that displays a not available icon. It is so bad that I don't want to just keep choosing links if they are "mostly" broken.

It ruins the decisions to read the posts only to find that the information or pictures are no longer available.

Please tell me it is just me and not that the site has a lot of broken links.

Your site administrator can follow the paths that I have visited to check out those links and see if it is just me or I am just very unlucky.

:o
THANKS!
Oldtimer/Newbie
Welcome to the site. We often use Pixentral to host files larger than the limit allowed by this site. A file on Pixentral is deleted automatically 30 days after it is last viewed. If you're looking at older posts, this could very well be what you're running into. Or people may have linked to a photo in their PrestoPhoto gallery and then later removed it. I haven't had any trouble with broken links when the photo was uploaded to this site (PCEC) and embeded in a post.

Courtney
yes... Pixentral only holds an image for 30 days.
It is almost all I use.

If you are going thru older post this will become a problem.
All of the New Post should be fine. :biggrin:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
The same thing is going to happen on some download sites like 4shared. If the person posting hasn't used their 4 shared account in a certain time span, if they are using a free account, it will be come inactive as well. Also some things people offer free and post links to download, they only offer for a limited time. If there is something you want, contact the person that posted it via PM and see if they still have it and can they send it to you.

If it is a newsletter of something in a newsletter that you are looking for, there is a thread that list every newsletter with a link to the PrestoPhoto gallery were they are stored. If it is something in a newsletter on a 4Shared link that is inactive, send me a PM and I will reactive the link or upload it again for you.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
There is a work around.

If you are looking at an old post and have this problem, make a post to the thread and ask about the image. Any post to a thread brings that thread back up to the "top of the stack" when View new posts is clicked -- that's what most of us do when logging in to the forum.

Most of the people that posted tutorials in the past do still have those images somewhere and will be happy to repost the image(s) in the thread. Heck, I would be proud to think somebody thought enough of something I did to want to see it again :biggrin:

Stick around, you'll have a lot of fun here.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Aw.. Rusty. We would be happy to see you repost! :biggrin:

And Kim, I never thought about the freebies. Good catch.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
6 posts Page 1 of 1