Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
I've noticed there is a an option to download all of my files from the gallery. Can this be turned off? I like having my work show up in the rolling gallery but if this feature cannot be turned off somehow I plan to remove my gallery. :crying:

I can't find anywhere where I have the option to turn this off.. Any help before I contact prestophoto?
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
squirrelflight wrote: I've noticed there is a an option to download all of my files from the gallery. Can this be turned off? I like having my work show up in the rolling gallery but if this feature cannot be turned off somehow I plan to remove my gallery. :crying:

I can't find anywhere where I have the option to turn this off.. Any help before I contact prestophoto?

I have never seen such an option to download all the files from a gallery. When you create a new gallery you can check 'show original images' to allow a link to allow users to have the link to your original image. If you don't want this, leave this unchecked and specify a low resolution. I you want to remove this permission, edit your gallery settings (third icon, top right).
Of course, you can ask Colin at PrestoPhoto for more info.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
the 'provide a link option' is uchecked already. But if you go to any image in my gallery you will see on the right hand side an option to download the image.

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/1435800

I'm just confused on this one.. lol Maybe I just need to post smaller lower res stuff? :?
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Well, I do not see this option... which I do see with my own pictures? Anyway, specifying a low res when uploading is certainly advisable.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Alrighty.. And thanks for looking at it for me. I'll make some changes this week. I get a bit paranoid on it bc a couple of years ago a local gal doing photography snagged a few of my pics for her site. :shock:

:thanks:
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
I think the download option is just for the owner of the gallery. If you use it for storage, then you can download your image at any time. That option will not show up for anyone else looking at the photos. at least I did not see it on your gallery or Michel's
Thanks Suzi! That must be it.. since I am logged in. I just figured everyone was seeing it! :doh:

Thanks again to both of you for clearing this up!
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Michelle, I was wrong, I can see the download option on some of the other members galleries, so it must be a setting you need to set when uploading your photo. Sorry, about that
Yeah.. that's what confused me is that it was on some other galleries too. I guess they must have the 'provide a link' checked. Mine is not checked so you don't see that option on mine. I just couldnt figure out why it was showing up on mine .. lol Didn't occur to me to check it logged out..
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Suzi, can you see the download link for this one?
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/1349624/37569
Michel B

Mes Galeries
14 posts Page 1 of 2