Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Why is is that sometimes I see a delete post option and then it is gone?

Occasionally, I post a notice im a SPAM thread and then would like to go back and delete it - can't be done. Is it time sensitive?

Also, once a spam thread (oroginator spam only) not deleted in its entirety - like this one?
John
John, I don't think some of the moderators realize they can delete the whole thread instead of just the post. The thread you referred to, Rusty deleted the post only. When I saw it, I deleted it. Must have been at the same time you were making this post.

Moderators, at the bottom of the screen on the right, there is a drop menu, by default it says Lock Topic. Click the arrow and choose delete topic.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Ah, so once "Locked" other posters can no longer edit/delete their own posts?
John
That is true, a mod can lock a topics and no one can post to it. Which is probably what we should do with the Velvia Simulation thread. I can add a post to it that if someone wants to make a legitimate post to PM an moderator to unlock it.

But what I am saying is that Moderators need to delete the thread completely not lock it by choosing the Delete Topic in the drop down where they (only mods and admins can see this) see where is says Lock Topic.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
4 posts Page 1 of 1