Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
We have added "Tags" to galleries and images. See Dead Bugs at the bottom of the gallery and the listing of tagged items

The idea is eventually we can simply use tags to enter into contests, etc. For example, if you want to enter, you can just add "Picture of the Week" and we can break up the picture uploaded time per week. We could also use the tags for different things like "Tutorial", etc.

Please try them out, and tag with whatever you feel is reasonable, and we can see what kind of a tag cloud we can start to build at the listing of tagged items. Once tagged, items show up automatically...
Wags, could you explain this process..I am being thick headed today. where are the tags and how do they work??????
Nice gallery, Christian. :shock: This one of your hobbies? :lol:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Thanks Christian, I will go check that out now.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
suzib wrote: Wags, could you explain this process..I am being thick headed today. where are the tags and how do they work??????

Suzi, when you upload an image Add Tag has been added to the options under where you select the file. Type in a tag name for the image of use a tag name that already exist in the list.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Christian... green guys in Santa hats really do it for me. :lol:

I have a separate question?
Is there a way to stop someone from copying (and or stealing) our images?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
so if I tagged a picture with the same tag as yours it would show up under that tag. is it ok if I try that?
suzib wrote: Wags, could you explain this process..I am being thick headed today. where are the tags and how do they work??????

I just now saw this - and didn't know about it before hand, so I'll have to do some playing around with it myself before I can hope to explain it to anyone else. :mrgreen:

I think Kim gave a pretty good description.
suzib wrote: so if I tagged a picture with the same tag as yours it would show up under that tag. is it ok if I try that?

Yep, thats how it works. It is still in your gallery but if you type in a keyword search for tags with that name. that part I haven't come across yet. My phone won't quite ringing. As much as I would love someone to make me rich, please don't anyone make me the Executor in their Will :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Okay - thinking out loud here.... if we can tag galleries, that means we could all tag our public PCEC galleries as "PCEC" and that would create a way to search only PCEC galleries.

Or if someone wants to submit an Image of the Week - the tag for that could be IOW and the date. Say "IOW 120207" could be the tag for the week starting on Sunday the 2nd. That way if someone doesn't want to submit something they wouldn't have to.

Oh now my head hurts.... too much thinking, I think.... :D
20 posts Page 1 of 2