Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Has it been reported that the see new post is not working? After a visit I select "Mark Forums As Read". The next time I log in and select "View New Posts" it give me 99 posts that go back several days. I now have to read by the date on the posts. It has been this way since about the time of the last upgrade to the forum software.

I am running Mac OSX 10.6.2 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
Before I was just tired now I'm retired!
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/23789
Hmmmmmm,

I never use "mark as read" but I always click "new posts" whenever I come here. The results are always just what I expect and I never get any prior-day posts or even posts from earlier in the day if I had previously visited this same day.

Why don't you experiment and not use the "mark as Read" option. Simply logout and leave the site. Then come back, login and click for new posts and see what happens.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I don't use the Mark as Read option; never noticed it. But I do use View New Posts all the time and yes, I have been getting several pages instead of just several posts. However, they still are sorted newest to oldest so I know the top ones in the list are all I'm interested in. You do have to look at the dates and timestamps a bit though, or just view until you get to the first one that is a repeat, then you know you're caught up.

Courtney
I wonder if, by accident, either one of you are clicking "view active topics" which is right next to "new posts"? That produces page(s) of threads in exactly the format and sequence described.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Nope, I've got the same problem. It's definitely the new posts. On the plus side in the last week it's gone from giving me 4 pages down to 2.
I had the same issue - try logging out, then log back in. Seemed to cure the problem for me. Check out this thread.
John
6 posts Page 1 of 1