Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi Guys!

I'm sorry for the delay on the new banner - Kim sent a note asking for a new theme, and unfortunately themes in phpbb have a lot of code in them (poor software design on their part!), however it's what we have. We have gotten around to updating the header, and I think we will just update the existing theme instead.

On the topic of updates, the traffic and participation for the forum has dropped off considerably over the past two years. With all the great work you guys put into the forums and weekly contests, we would like to help build new members. So to achieve with this, first we have a new Community Coordinator, Brittany! She is an awesome photographer, and very friendly. Amy and I are still here too if you need us. However Brittany will start building connections for the forums and it's contests.

Second, we are going to try shorten the name of the forum to photoshopcreative.net. I understand there might be resistance to change here, and this reminds me of a sermon by my minister a few weeks back. He talked about how he got a new pair of jeans for Christmas from his kids, and he was gracious for his gift. But in his heart he didn't want new jeans. His old ones were just fine. He LIKED the old jeans. His kids kept asking about them, so finally one day he put them on. Hrmm... not bad. Ya know, these jeans are pretty nice! And now, they are his favorite. Change is hard, but if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten, which in our case is declining participation. We will handle all domain redirection so all old links and bookmarks will work transparently. So we are going to try an updated name and theme together for a few months and see the community feels about the change. We can always change back.

We will also be building some new community connections, and will post them in this forum as we create them. So stay tuned!
The new banner looks just fine. The additions are a welcome site. Now if we could only get new members going and figure out why the "old timers" on the site left. Will we have to change the web address for our shortcuts to the site?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas - All existing shortcuts - even deep links to particular posts, etc. - work just fine, and will continue to work in the future. Tim Berners Lee, founder of the web, said there should never be a broken link, and I agree.

Many online communities have suffered at the hands of the giant sucking sound known as Facebook. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, so we are working on getting a Facebook community up to keep old-timers in the loop.
I'm always pleased to hear good news. All of us "regulars" appreciate all the hard work you do to keep this site going in a positive direction.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Thank you, Spider

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Looks great Spider, thanks

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Looks great ... and change is good sometimes :)
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I hit refresh on my browser (on the View New Posts page) and whoa -- Blue!! New banner! (Which I knew was coming.) New url and name. I'm good with that. It looks nice. :thumbsup:

Spider, I'm happy to hear of Brittany's role and that you're going to try to help get some more users to the site. I hope for the best because I would hate to see this site go away.

Thank you!

Courtney
Like the new look a lot!!! Would be good to get more members active here again
Thanks Spider
18 posts Page 1 of 2