Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Greetings Photoshop Creative Users,

We're in need of your input! Next month we're sending out a newsletter to all users who have registered on the forum. We'd like to being some old faces back and hopefully lure in some fresh evil experiment test subjects, er …I mean users.

So please tell us why you love this forum and continue to visit. Also, if you have a few moments, leave an idea or two that you think would help foster forum growth!

Thanks much!
-Brittany
Community Coordinator at PrestoPhoto
brittany@prestophoto.com
My Flickr
| Canon 50D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6| Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 |
| Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | Speedlite 580EX II | Speedlite 430EX II |
Brittany, what types of things will be in this newsletter. In the past the newsletter we had tutorials from members, image and page recognition and a member profile each month called Where in the World. Will this be more like the PrestoPhoto email newsletter we get? That would nice to show members what is going on on the forum.

What has kept me here at this forum since the beginning is the members. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Even though we have lost members we haven't forgot them and would love to see them all back and the forum striving again like it did in the first year, year and a half. Everyone here is like an extension of our families. We are here for each other for praise, encouragement. advice and when needed sympathy and a shoulder to lean on.

I think if we had some new tutorials and the occasional challenge/contest with an actual prize we might get more people to come back. I know a lot of people still peek in but there just isn't much going on to keep them here long enough to post anything. A newsletter again too would probably be helpful. It seems like we started losing members when our newsletter went from monthly to quarterly and even more gone since it ended.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi Brittany. Kim you said it wonderfully and i agree.
The members here are so helpful with everyone that needs it. A super friendly place!!!! I don't know what it would take to get people back. Maybe more emphasis on photography and how photoshop, elements and lighroom helps with editing. There use to be all kinds of things to do and that has dropped to hardly anything.
1- I enjoy this site because of the friendly people.

2- When I have a problem doing something with Photoshop I just post my problem and I get help right away.

3- I have aways taken a lot of pictures, this site gives me a place to share them with others.

4- I enjoy seeing the photos that others post.

5- The contests are fun to enter. I like the fact that there's no prize. Not having a prize makes it a fun thing to do.
I concur with Kim and Russ.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I like this site because of all the helpful, polite, friendly people. There is never any flaming or nastiness like what is found on other websites. I like that people are always willing to share how they edited their photo to create their art. I like the creativity and different styles of the members. I get inspiration and ideas from my fellow forum members. However, since participation has dropped off there is obviously less variety and fewer people to learn from.

To me what would make this site better is more tips and tutorials. Those posts used to seem to come naturally, but now with so few people, I don't know how to get this sort of input flowing any more. People gradually stopped participating in the homework and most challenges, so I may be in the minority of this opinion.

Courtney
I think you all have said it so precisely that I'm not going to repeat what has been said. I'm relatively new to this type of creative endeavors, but I'm loving this site and the people who participate here.
I've learned soooooo much from the active members and had so much fun doing it. I love it when there is a new technique posted or a tutorial written with a template.
To improve the site or info to put in the newsletter, I would look forward to more printable tutorials.
I don't care whether or not there are prizes for the contests. I like putting my work up against the "pros" and being able to compare their work with mine so I can strive for greater improvement.
Now, if any of you can figure out how to put a few more hours in a day, then I'd be really content because it just might give me more time to devote to the site and my pictures.
8 posts Page 1 of 1