This is great. I bought an etch-a-sketch last year to scan just so I could do this type of graphic last year for my photography course. Here is what I came up with. (The best I remember .. it was a long time ago!)
Here was my method for getting the picture into the E-A-S screen.
1. I went to Photo Effects --> Image Effects --> Pencil Sketch (to turn the image to a line drawing)
2. To highlight the screen of the E-A-S, I went to Shape Tool -- Rounded Rectangle Tool and drew a selection over the screen.
3. I used the paint tool to make the screen black. Deselect the selection.
4. Layered my image on top of the E-A-S layer.
5. Then I went to Layers --> Group with Previous. (The picture was inserted)
I like this method because I could still adjust the image inside the frame.
etch-a-sketch-blank.jpg (21.83 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
Etch-A-Sketch Newport Oregon
etch-a-sketchNewport.jpg (132.45 KiB) Viewed 1360 times