Found a great tutorial that you'd like to share? Post it here!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Found in the Village forum:
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/s ... t=35800the
The link is an example of luminous explanation of a difficult topic. Maybe useful to everyone. By the way, I do agree with the idea that the ACR converter is good at recovering burnt highlights, even if a channel is clipped. Only, you have to be aware of the fact, which may be common with very saturated bright flowers for example, and try to correct it to get the most of the available details.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Interesting article, Michel. Thanks for posting it
Mitchel, not to long ago I stated that I no longer shoot in manual mode, that i shoot in aperture priority 90% and 10% shutter priority. I also stated that in the past we heard "expose for the shadows and develop for the hightlights" but that I have never expose for the shadows but insted I exposed for the hightlights and that now with digital I expose and develop for the highlights and let the shadows fall in their own.

It is nice to see that base on this article i'm not alone. Bruce Fraser state "keeping the hightlights as closed as blowing them out without doing so" WAO, it is the same thing that I have been exposing and processing for in my own way. I did not discovered this by science but by gut feeling or intuition , early on my conversion from film to digital I felt it was the way to go as I exposed and processed my very first shots. I wish I can find the thread were I made this statements. I remembered Gene stating the he realized that apparently he was working to hard or something like that. Anyway it makes me feel good that a man of the caliber of Bruce Fraser realized the same thing and he can express it better than me.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1