For those that have finally seen the light!
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Well, I did it downloaded the trial version. Like what I see so far but have 3 questions
1. when I export into CS3, do you always have to do a "save as" to save as a jpeg
2. In my folder I now have a tiff image is that correct
3. when I open up LR the images that I had previously opened are still there, is that normal and how do I get them out of there?
That's it for now, I am sure there will be alot more as I get to play with it
Suzib, I've been in meetings all morning and headed for another. Some quick answers, more detail later.

1. If you right-click on an image in LR, you can choose Edit in Photoshop CS3 or Edit in Adobe Photoshop Elements. Once you've got it open in CS3 or Elements and you've performed edits, you can then Save As...whatever format you prefer.

2. In what folder are you finding a TIFF? Did you save as a TIFF out of CS3 perhaps?

3. LR acts like a browser; whenever you 'import' images to it, they stay there. The only way to get remove it is to right-click on the image and pick Delete Photo. BE CAREFUL not to choose Delete from Disk if you just want it to disappear from LR but not from your folders. Fortunately, the default is to only delete from the LR library, not from your image folders.

More later!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Thanks Chuck, the tiff file is in the folder from which I imported the image. I used a save as command from CS3 to save as a jpeg. So I have 3 copies of the image in my folder, the raw, tiff and a jpeg.

Another question, how do I get rid of the adobe photo downloader. I use my own. I can't find that anywhere.
Suzi, go to Edit>Preferences>External Editing. You'll see that the default for saving in CS3 and/or Elements is set to TIFF. You may have done a Save while editing your photo rather than a Save As. You can change the default.

Re the Downloader, I looked to see whether it could be deleted from the Windows Control Panel but couldn't find it...grrr... However, I see it in the 'tray' at the bottom right of my monitor, where it can be right-clicked and disabled. Will research further.
Chuck
Chuck, I just did another image..brought a raw file into LR, messed with it, then did edit in CS3, then did a save as..a jpg. Then I went and checked the folder where the raw is kept, there is now a raw, a jpg and a tiff. The jpg and the tiff both have edit after them. Is this happening because I am not using LR's catalog (sp)
Hi, Suzib: Just got home. Will give it a try and see if I get a similar phenomenon!
Chuck
Okay! I learned from you on this one, Suzib! Yes, as soon as you tell it you want to edit in CS3, you get a dialog that asks if you want to Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments. If you say OK, the image opens in CS3 AND a TIFF is saved even before you start to edit. I'm guessing it's because the default is that the box is checked that says "Stack with Original". Wow!
Chuck
well, we are on a roll here. So far I like the program alot. Now to learn all the ins and outs. And how to get rid of the camera with the "x" on the bottom of my screen. Thank you so much, Chuck
suzib wrote: how to get rid of the camera with the "x" on the bottom of my screen.

I got rid of it by right-clicking on the camera icon and choosing Exit. Now looking to see how I can get rid of it altogether.... :lol:
Chuck
Works here too but as soon as you reboot it comes back!!! pesky little thing
17 posts Page 1 of 2