For those that have finally seen the light!
17 posts Page 1 of 2
All work was done in LR. The orginal was taken in a wine cave with just little lights in the ceiling and a few lights on the artist. Anything you can suggest to make better are more than welcome
Yes, Don Diego,I know the rule of thirds but didn't want to crop yet, as I don't know how to do that in LR yet. But it will get done. Just wanted input on how I did with LR for now.

Suzi,
The colors came out perfectly.
I must say I tried to correct it in ACR... No way to get near your rendition! I give up.
I am curious to see which crop you'll choose. I am not fond of the rules of thirds:
- because it's a rule
- because most of the time I use it unconsciously (second nature)
- because ... why not something original?
I was offered a book about photography (1 image for each of the 500 selected photographers). I'll have to check the proportion of thirds. By the way, there are very few color shots and even if I love B&W, I feel it's unfair.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thank you Michel. This was the first time I tried to do all in LR, it took awhile but was pleased with the outcome.
Suzi, what a change. Great job. I too am interested to see how you crop. Every already knows that I am not a rule of thirds fan either. I like originality and to just plain be different.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Probably 95% of the work I do on my pictures now is in LR. Ya did good!

And the rule of thirds, as good as a rule it may be, is really only a guideline. You will find that in most instances, your more memorable pictures will follow that rule. However, there are occasions where it can be broken to good effect.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thank you, Gene. It has a large learning curve but I keep plugging at it.
Susan as always excellent job.
Now to do the cropping in LR is a bresse.
1-Go to the Develop module below your picture there are 5 icons the center one is Crop Overlay. Click on it and play.
2-You can also go to Library Module and select the croping you want. Cropping is the second item to the right hand side of your screen on the Quick Develop Module. There you will find several sizes when you click on it and one that reads CUSTOM click on that one and type whatever size you want your picture and bingo.
3- You then can move to the Develop module and go to Settings > Cropp To Same Aspect Ratio and there again play with your cropping by moving the rectangle or square to the point you want. Moving the picture to create the "right" composition. If you hold the frame by the corner you can strating up your horizons and buildings etc. Hope this help. Glad you got LR amiga. 8-)
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
thank you Don Diego so much for the information on the cropping. I have copied it and put it in my notebook.I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me, that means alot
Awesome job, Suzi! You're getting to be an expert on Lightroom already!! :)
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Thank you, Chuck. It is slow going but I am learning. One question if you have the time, is there any way I can stop getting that tiff file or am I going to have to go and delete it from the folder everytime I go from LR to CS3
17 posts Page 1 of 2