For those that have finally seen the light!
29 posts Page 3 of 3
That is good, Chuck. What I needed to know. Thank you.
One approach that might be interesting: create a couple different versions of a photo in LR, then export them individually into Elements or CS, put them together as layers in the same file, and use blending modes, masking, etc. to combine the effects. The lack of layers and selections in LR is a limitation, no doubt about it.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
That sounds interesting, I didn't know you can duplicate an image in lightroom. If not how do I go about making different copies of same image???
You can create virtual copies - right click on the image, then Create Virtual Copy. I think that will do it for you.
Chuck
Thanks Chuck, I will try that, if it works i will post something.
Chuck_S wrote: One approach that might be interesting: create a couple different versions of a photo in LR, then export them individually into Elements or CS, put them together as layers in the same file, and use blending modes, masking, etc. to combine the effects. The lack of layers and selections in LR is a limitation, no doubt about it.

This was my answer too after reading through all the posts.... I'm going to go try it too....
Chuck, doing the virtual thing worked great..here is a before and after. On the after I used 3 presets (stunning,dream, and kabam it) then took into CS3 layered them and used different blends

Suzi, that's great! I'm glad it worked so well; of course, in your capable hands, it was bound to be successful! :)
Chuck
Awwww gee, thank you Chuck. It is going be fun trying different combinations. I think I created a monster
29 posts Page 3 of 3