For those that have finally seen the light!
29 posts Page 2 of 3
Suzi, hi! Have you figured out a way to organize all those develop presets? My list is getting longer and longer..... Can they be put in subfolder on the Preset panel?
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Yes, Chuck I made folders for differnet ones. When you right click it gives you the option for a new folder. So far I have 5 but need to uninstall some presets and put back into the new folders. Some day will all be in order..want to have a B/W, sepia, color, matt and other folders when done.
Suzi, thanks for that info. Is there no way to move the presets to folders other than uninstalling and reinstalling? Sure seems like a good candidate for dragging and dropping...
Chuck
You know Chuck the other day I saw the path to take to install all at once and didn't bother to write it down. I will go looking again. When I find it I will post here. Off to look.
Wooo-hooooooooo found it, am I good or what,kidding
here is the path, Chuck would go where susan is
C:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets
all the folders I made are there, going to be so much easier.
Suzi, thanks! Of course, I saw this after laboriously dragging and dropping into folders - one preset at a time.... :o
Chuck
Your welcome, Chuck. At least now you know the easy way.
I looked for the folder as well, but I was in All Users instead of the personal folder. Live and learn!
Chuck
I will tell you, me and google are on a first name basis!!! Don't know what I would do without it. Still need an answer to the question that a started this thread for, :biggrin:
Suzi, I believe the answer to your original question is that you can use multiple 'layered' presets, but if a new preset has a value for a slider, it will override the one(s) used previously. If the new preset doesn't specify a value for a particular slider, the previous preset for that value will be unchanged. That's why presets like Matt's sharpening can be used in conjunction with another preset that affects colors; they're not trying to change the same sliders.

Not very well said, but I think that's the gist of it....
Chuck
29 posts Page 2 of 3