For those that have finally seen the light!
36 posts Page 1 of 4
I would love to start a LR and camera raw challenge but don't want to if there is not enough interest. If I can get at least 5 or more members interested then I will get it started. If interested please post a "YES" here.
I will give it a week to see if there is enough interest!!!!
I'm interested!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Sure, I'll join in.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Alright, all we need is just a few more. This is not just for LR, it's for Camera Raw also.
I havent done many of these, but count me in also!
John
I had lightroom for the 30 day trial. I really wasn't that impressed. I took some images the other day in raw and I am going to use it today also. I can play if we are allowed to pull the jpeg into camera raw? But I won't have LR to play with any of the presets.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
No LR, but I am sure interested in ACR challenges.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
kimi_boo wrote: I can play if we are allowed to pull the jpeg into camera raw? But I won't have LR to play with any of the presets.

Assuming we go forward, I suppose Suzib will have to give us some rules.... :D

I guess what we're trying to demonstrate here is the power of Lightroom and/or ACR to be the sole editor for images, i.e., no subsequent photoshopping. If that's what we're trying to do, then I'd suggest that any image straight out of the camera, be it RAW or JPEG, would be a challenge candidate, and the submissions would be what you were able to achieve using LR and/or ACR without venturing deeper into Elements or CS3.

Suzib, is that what you had in mind?
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
exactly right, chuck. that is what I want to do. Jpeg welcome, Kimi
Kimi, I didn't think I would like LR at first either but the more I played with it the better I liked it. I don't use their catalogue system at all. Just use it for editing. I have a real problem of forgetting to reset my white balance and usually end up with a mess. LR is great for that and alot of other stuff. Yesterday I took some pictures of some bluebells and as usual forgot to change the WB. Took the image into LR to fix it but before I did that I started playing with presets on the unfixed image was amazed at the results. The product is the image on the gallery rollbar.
this is what the original looked like

IMG_5956.jpg
IMG_5956.jpg (44.95 KiB) Viewed 745 times
36 posts Page 1 of 4