For those that have finally seen the light!
15 posts Page 2 of 2
Chuck_S wrote:
Anyone not shooting RAW - or anyone with a camera not capable of capturing RAW images - shouldn't feel like they're missing out on the best thing since sliced bread.... :D

Chuck,

Quite true, but when you add those secret herbs and spices in home cooked bread - WOWEE!

:chickendance: :toast:
John
John, truth be told.....I prefer unsliced bread myself.... :biggrin:
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Hi Kimi,
EVERYONE is hitting the correct points on Lightroom/RAW adjustments....I'm with Chuck, and the image that you posted has very nice color tone. Unfortunately, there is no magic "EASY" button when it comes to color adjustments. Maybe that is why I prefer black/white. :saint: However, there are many combinations that can be utilized to obtain the correct color tone esp. for skin.
Someone mentioned temperature. Key in combination with exposure, and white balance, and I'll throw in saturation and clarity. I usually also take the image into CS2 and use a combination of color balance and channels. And if all this still doesn't get me the quality that I like, I throw in the towel and convert to black/white. :| Now trying to get optimal white balance and exposure right from the start is key.....take images with and without flash, take images with low and high aperatures....all these circumstances also control the color/lighting outcome of your image...try not to get discouraged...RAW is fun, really!!!
Thanks Denise... I will try again. :pray:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
One reason why any raw converter can't do magics with either white balance or exposure is that in many common circumstances you have got two images in one: one in available light, the other artificial light, be it flash or tungsten or candle lighting. You may process two different versions and mix them with masks in Photoshop or Elements, but you are left with a personal, artisitic choice of the result you want to achieve. Have a look at Rusty's 'Night photography'. The night shot with both candles and flash has three different light source: evening light, candle and flash. If you choose to correct all three zones to get a neutral effect, this won't restitute the feeling of the scene. It may be best to go by the candle effect, warm up the flash zone and desat a little the evening zone... That's not a technical choice, only an artistic one.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
15 posts Page 2 of 2