For those that have finally seen the light!
50 posts Page 5 of 5
Kimi, just click on render with lightroom, when you go to click edit in CS3
I will try again tomorrow. I right clicked and picked edit in CS3, got the message. then waited and waited. Nothing ever happened.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
The release notes cover that issue:

Important Note: This preview integration is only available with Photoshop CS3 (10.0.1) and
should only be used for testing purposes. Metadata associated with the original file may not
carry over to the subsequent file saved from Photoshop. Also During the Lightroom 2.0 beta you
will be presented with an explanation that Camera Raw on your computer is an earlier version than the
Camera Raw code used by Lightroom. Choosing to ‘Open Anyway’ will utilize the new functionality but
image adjustments in Lightroom that are not currently available in Camera Raw 4 will not be present in
the images you open in Photoshop. Specifically, localized correction adjustments made in Lightroom
will not be present in Photoshop. Choosing to Render Using Lightroom will revert to the previous
behavior of writing the file to the disk before opening in Photoshop but all adjustments will be
preserved. This behavior will be simplified for the final release of Lightroom 2.0.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks for finding that Gene. I will remember that.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
My final of the 3 images. Couldn't find something that I liked until I downloaded Kelseys presets and tried them out. This one is Kelsey-Smity Party Time.

Kind of like selective colour from Lr.

IMG_0785.jpg
IMG_0785.jpg (232.22 KiB) Viewed 636 times

Had a devil of time getting Lr to save this file to less than 256Kb for uploading here. There has been some other chatter here about it. Don't know if Lr2 gives that, but it sure is annoying. Might be enough to make me byte the Lr2 bullet. :idea:
John
First try at LR Beta 2. Don't remember what all I did.

Lightroom-Waterfall.jpg
Lightroom-Waterfall.jpg (74.65 KiB) Viewed 615 times
Garry

The Procrastinator's Creed:
1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Garry's Gallery
Way to go, Garry. Welcome to LR
Thanks Suzi. I look forward to learning more about LR. :thanks:
Garry

The Procrastinator's Creed:
1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Garry's Gallery
Had a devil of time getting Lr to save this file to less than 256Kb for uploading here. There has been some other chatter here about it. Don't know if Lr2 gives that, but it sure is annoying. Might be enough to make me byte the Lr2 bullet. :idea:

LR will allow you to size your photos by width x height dimensions, but unfortunately doesn't show the resulting saved file size before you save. I tried doing my save from LR originally to keep the entire work flow within LR, but couldn't do it either. I guess for now I revert back to doing my save for webs in CS3 if I have to meet a certain file size. Otherwise, I still export from LR if that is not a concern.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
For posting here, I export in LR with dimensions of 500 pixels by 500 pixels and a quality of 70. Haven't hit the limit yet; all the pictures with 500 pixels max dimension come in at well under 200 kb. When posting to Pixentral, I use 1024 pixels on a side and 70 quality; those come out at 250 kb up to more than 600 kb. Makes sense, I suppose; a 500 by 500 photo is one quarter the size of a 1000 by 1000.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
50 posts Page 5 of 5