For those that have finally seen the light!
50 posts Page 3 of 5
You are all doing some really great images here. I hope I can get a chance to play next week with at least using ACR.

I also noticed that when you are leaving a download link that you are all using SendSpace. Something to keep in mind. If theses files are not downloaded for 7 days the they will be inactive and the only way to reactivate is the upload them again. I would recommend using 4Shared.com

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks, Kim will keep that in mind for sure.
Kim, here's a new link. I added it to initial message of this thread:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/6383176/7c7c ... aring.html
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Way to go Chuck. Now once this weeks challenge winds down and you all move on to the next week and so on, someone coming along in a couple of weeks will still be able to get the files.

BTW, I sent you a PM Gene.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I will do the same with my challenge photos.
BTW, I sent you a PM Gene.

And I have already taken care of it! Enjoy..... :toast:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Here's my effort, 100% in LR2:

Did a few basic adjustments on it while still in color, but didn't like a whole lot of them. The main thing I wanted to experiment with is the new retouch brush. I darkened the background and lightened the people to try and bring them out, then converted to B&W. I did a little more lightening on the people, and then added a vignette.

I do wish LR2 would give some indication of file size when exporting. I finally gave up on getting it within our limits for the thread and used Pixentral instead. :|
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

genevh wrote: I do wish LR2 would give some indication of file size when exporting. I finally gave up on getting it within our limits for the thread and used Pixentral instead. :|

Gene, in the Export dialog, you can set the pixel dimensions to 500 pixels by 500 pixels - same as LR1, I believe. That's worked for me without fail. Haven't run into a file size limit, just pixel dimension limit.
Chuck
Thanks Chuck. I was aware of how to set pic size and quality when exporting. I should have clarified a bit better. But when saving for web, CS3 and I'm pretty sure PSE tells you what the saved file size is going to be before you save it. LR doesn't. The forum file size limit is about 250K for uploading. I was having trouble getting below that without doing multiple saves to see what the end size was going to be.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Ah....now I understand. I guess the reason I haven't run into that limit is that I have the quality setting in the Export dialog dialed down to 70. You're right - the file size is a curious omission from LR. Will have to give Adobe feedback as the LR 2 Beta period progresses!

p.s. The one thing I do like about exporting from LR via Save for Web is the preservation of the EXIF data. If only Save for Web would give you an option to do that, I'd be very happy...
Chuck
50 posts Page 3 of 5