For those that have finally seen the light!
50 posts Page 2 of 5
Kimi, get yourself in that corner, right away :chickendance: :chickendance:
My first attempt. Used a preset by heathergreen called center stage and then tweeked.

without looking I think this is alot like John's. So will do another tomorrow
suzib wrote: Kimi, get yourself in that corner, right away :chickendance: :chickendance:

oh, all right.... Suzi, my moon was in the seventh house, what can I tell you? :rotfl:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
All done in ACR and PSE6, including cropping, sharpening and denoising. Only trick: I edited the xmp file to add a vignette (changed from 0 to -75).
ACR is normally just a first step before B&W conversion in PSE, but I wanted to see how far I could go.
IMG_8164web.jpg
IMG_8164web.jpg (128.21 KiB) Viewed 418 times

large file:
http://www.prestophoto.com/storage/users/990 ... G_8164.jpg
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
That turned great, Michel.
Michel, very nice! You probably know this by now, but Lightroom 2 Beta introduces a vignetting tool that will work on an image cropped in Lightroom. In Version 1, the vignette applies to the whole (uncropped) image and is therefore ineffective for cropped images. A nice improvement!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Chuck, how is that beta working out?? is it very buggy??

used a preset on this called "old timee". If I can figure out where I got it I will post that later

I love this image, Chuck. Used a preset called (kimi you are going to love this one) urban grunge..added alittle split toning. cropped and sharpened in CS3

Chuck_S wrote: Michel, very nice! You probably know this by now, but Lightroom 2 Beta introduces a vignetting tool that will work on an image cropped in Lightroom. In Version 1, the vignette applies to the whole (uncropped) image and is therefore ineffective for cropped images. A nice improvement!

Well, I did not know... I wondered if the vignette would be visible due to the crop, it was. Editing the xmp file was just curiosity. Since we cannot use presets in Elements, I suspect we could use xmp files created in CS3 or LR together with the raw files, and open them in Elements. By the way, would it be possible to use a new feature of LR version 2 (like enhanced vignetting), and would LR version 1 be able to recognize it?

I don't know if I'll try the beta version. Good reasons would be curiosity (again) and the ability to share with other members of this forum, but I don't need an organizer and I have rarely large batches to process. I'll leave Paris next week for two weeks in my home in the Loire Valley. I'll have plenty of time to think about it...
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
MIchel, I don't use the catalogue or the batch stuff in LR at all. Just use it for the editing!!
50 posts Page 2 of 5