For those that have finally seen the light!
50 posts Page 4 of 5
I had dropped down to 60% at 450 pixels on the longest side and still couldn't get down to the largest file size the forum allowed. That's when I gave up. And I do like that the EXIF data is preserved by LR also when exporting.

As an aside, and we are way off topic on this one, my son bought a CD with the pictures from his boot camp on it. Evidently the photographers that do their official portraits spend a few days with them during their training, also. Between the disc, his portrait, and a couple other trinkets, he spent nearly $200 with them. I have gone through the photos on the disk, and quite honestly, for the most part they are not that good. And none of the exif data is present, other than basic camera data. They couldn't prove they owned the copyright if they had to. But they do have a "captive" (pun intended) customer base to draw from, so I guess it works out for them. Lackland graduates several hundred recruits every week.

Now...we need to see more pictures from the challenge!!!! :thumbsup:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
A big Thanks to Gene for inviting me to play with the new LR beta version.
I am already stuck. :oops:

Do I pick the 30 day trial or do I use the code that came with the e-mail?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Well, no-one would answer my question about being buggy, so downloaded anyway. Played with the brushes on Chuck's waterfall. Going to take some getting used too.
Question, when I went to export to edit in CS3..it said something about my raw plug-in not being the right version. Did anyone else get that??

PS.. if anyone wants to try this PM me and I will put you on the share list. Like Gene I can do 5. Need e-mail address
Kimi, I see no one answered you. I hope your picked the second option and added the serial number from the e-mail.

Ok, I promised Suzi I would play too so here is mine. I was just going down through all the presets Suzi and liked this so I stopped there for now. I used the WOW Photo Presets wow-b_auto tones + CRV 03 and wow-b_Vibrance = 1

Could someone please tell me how to save an image in LR or do I have to always choose the option to edit in CS3 so I can save it.

LRchall2wf.jpg
LRchall2wf.jpg (242.36 KiB) Viewed 412 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
NO, Kim, go file>export. it will save it in a folder in your "my pictures" or you can direct it elsewhere I think. I just let it do what it wants and go find it. Or just right click on the image and the export command it there also

Oops forgot, looks great. Playing with those presets are fun. Don't forget challenge #1!!!!
:woohoo: Had to do another one. This one is Split Tone preset New Mexico road.

LRchall2baby.jpg
LRchall2baby.jpg (122.76 KiB) Viewed 409 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks Suzi, I will use the export. One thing I already don't like is that the scroll through the presets you have to use the slider and it is a pain, I prefer arrows to click up and down.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I never use arrow keys, so slider is good for me!!! That preset is another of my favorites. Use the scroll on your mouse, works for me
yep, I went looking for the arrow keys to work also.

used Matt's Nostalgic preset, then cropped and added vignette.
Everything done in LR. Then like Kim, my image wouldn't open in CS3. :evil:

So far not to good.

~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Suzi, don't have a scroll, don't have a mouse either. Laptop touch pad.

Kimi, the two I just posted switched over ok even though I still got the message.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
50 posts Page 4 of 5