For those that have finally seen the light!
26 posts Page 2 of 3
First one, loved the image, nothing fishy about it!

Used a preset I worked out that boosts saturation and vibrance, then adjust the exposure, recovery, fill and blacks to suit the image, Finally, added some lens vignetting.

Fish.jpg
Fish.jpg (198.25 KiB) Viewed 567 times
John
Something a little splashy.....(pun intended)

Attachments

Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
PCEC-LR-Challenge-3-2.jpg
PCEC-LR-Challenge-3-2.jpg (156.71 KiB) Viewed 544 times

I didn't use any presets on this, just my usual adjustments for exposure, white balance, clarity, vibrance, and tone curve adjustments. I went dark on the tone curve, though. I then sharpened with the amount set to 36 and detail to 100. The remaining sharpening settings were left at default. I then did some vignetting, but tried something a bit different. The vignette settings for this picture are below:
Dark-Edge-Vignette.jpg
Dark-Edge-Vignette.jpg (11.48 KiB) Viewed 544 times

This was done in LR2.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Same photo as above with all the same adjustments, except tried something different with the vignette settings.
PCEC-LR-Challenge-3.jpg
PCEC-LR-Challenge-3.jpg (152.7 KiB) Viewed 541 times
White-Edge-Vignette.jpg
White-Edge-Vignette.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 541 times

The only difference was in the Post-Crop setting I went +100 on the amount instead of -100. Gave the picture a completely different look, I think. And neither me or the DW can decide which one we like better!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

DNG - Adobe DIgital NeGative format.

Adobe is trying to get an open standard for RAW into the marketplace, much like their standard for documents (PDF format) that is now widely used. Adobe is developing the format, hoping that camera manufacturers will adopt it as a standard. Once that happens (if it ever does), Adobe will release the DNG for use by all the manufacturers - at no charge. And some manufacturers are starting to adopt it.

Go here for more information. And I don't think Adobe is expecting any of the camera manufacturers to go out of business any time soon.

And here's a real quick and easy to read About DNG. DNG is an extension of the TIFF 6.0 format ( I just learned that one myself! )

And here's the DNG Specification document if you really want to learn more.......or can't go to sleep one night. :roll:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Used a preset called dragan 6 and then did a bunch of tweeking..love this one, gene

Just some Basic tab adjustments for exposure, recovery, blacks. Peeked at the metadata and it seems to be saying a 6:15 shot time, so wanted to keep an evening(ish) look to it.

WaterFall.jpg
WaterFall.jpg (205.38 KiB) Viewed 510 times
John
I like what I'm seeing so far! Where are all our players?????? Could use some more entries.

Suzi:

I've had that same problem using the brush in LR2. It seems to "lag" and there are times it doesn't follow the path I paint. I can paint a curve, it lags, and ends up drawing a straight line between the start and end points rather than drawing the curve. Unless I slow it way down. :o
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Yep, that is the same thing happening to me but being this is a beta hopefully it will get fixed.

Gene, I don't know where all the LR users are, Kimi, Kim, Michel, etc. WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!
fishW.jpg
fishW.jpg (96.08 KiB) Viewed 476 times
FishLayers.jpg
FishLayers.jpg (52.11 KiB) Viewed 476 times

Large:
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/825528/21411:

Edit:
and a color version (dit not save the settings...)
fishCW.jpg
fishCW.jpg (159.77 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
26 posts Page 2 of 3