For those that have finally seen the light!
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Here is the 4th challenge:
IMG_8370w.jpg
IMG_8370w.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 979 times

IMG_8375W.jpg
IMG_8375W.jpg (110.67 KiB) Viewed 975 times

Raw files download:
http://mbret.club.fr/bretchermichel/IMG_8370.CR2
http://mbret.club.fr/bretchermichel/IMG_8375.CR2

Remember the rules of engagement: All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your de-noise filter. If you use a preset,please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe tell your workflow.

Above all, remember LR's Fifth Rule: Enjoy!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
My try in PSE6:
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/827291/21411
Settings about like this:
IMG_8370L.jpg
IMG_8370L.jpg (48.57 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Michel, Thanks for posting these this week. In the first 2 I mulitated your tulips. Trying to use the paint brush in LR beta. That option really needs some serious fixing. Done anyone know how to stop the brush, when I try to go over to the control panel, I get streaks from the brush as I move off the image. The last one I combined 2 presets...dust storm and hanburg funky twist

Suzi,
I really like the third one!
The first two are exactly what we should expect from this kind of challenge: show the limits of the software and its ability for creativity. I thought that LR could not do this kind of local colorizing. I must admit that LR has a lot of for creativity.
With Elements and ACR it's another story. You can achieve excellent general adjustments, you can even have a lot of flexibility to convert to Black and white, but generally you get the best results by having both ACR and Elements collaborating together. I think we might get more involvement from Elements users in this challenge if we allowed, say two more edits in Elements: a filter, an enhancement...
With the tulips you could finish with a photo filter or a sepia gradien map, add a vignette... just a suggestion.
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Not a bad idea, we will add to the next challenge. I will pm John and let him know, so he can add it to the instructions for next week.
The local adjustments are new to the LR beta. They will be great once I get the hang of them. If you want to try the beta let me know and I will send you an invitation that will last till Aug.
Michel,

Love the tuilps,

Here is mine, all from Lr

Tulips.jpg
Tulips.jpg (146.85 KiB) Viewed 918 times

and history from Lr

TulipsHistory.jpg
TulipsHistory.jpg (61.38 KiB) Viewed 917 times
John
Nice one, John
Suzi,

Thanks.

Michel and Suzi,

Great idea about opening (just a little mind you) the door a little to allow 2 edits in Elements and how about CS3 also if you dont have access to LightRoom.

As a matter fact, if any of you non Lr users are lurking out there not participating in this, why not jump in?

The water is just fine, thank you! :chickendance: :thumbsup: :chickendance:

Edit:

BUT, just 2 and limited to a Filter or an adjustment layer, 2 in total, and no fancy schmancy counting tricks.
John
sounds good, John!!!
One of the house..used Matt's newest preset from LR killer tips

20 posts Page 1 of 2