For those that have finally seen the light!
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Tried out the split toning sliders on this one.

Building.jpg
Building.jpg (169.22 KiB) Viewed 765 times

Gotta try again, couldnt get exactly what I wanted (whatever that was)
John
IMG_8370.jpg
IMG_8370.jpg (58.75 KiB) Viewed 752 times
IMG_8370_History.jpg
IMG_8370_History.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 751 times
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Good work, Suzi, John and Genevh, it's a pity we don't have more competitors.
Another try with the second one:
IMG_8375d.jpg
IMG_8375d.jpg (113.16 KiB) Viewed 729 times
IMG_8375Lay.jpg
IMG_8375Lay.jpg (60.69 KiB) Viewed 729 times

And with a single edit in Elements (Correct camera distortion, distortion -50, vignetting -100):
IMG_8375c1.jpg
IMG_8375c1.jpg (113.45 KiB) Viewed 729 times
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I know what you mean, Michel. Kim, Kimi, Chuck and several others seem to be MIA!!!
ok... I'll be honest.
Just adjusting an image in LR wasn't creative enough for me. It felt like it held no challenge. I understand the concept. And it is certainly something I should be doing because I am never going to like it until I get in there and play around with it. But... I feel like instead of encouraging creativity, I am expected to play by the rules.

Was never very good with rules. I would rather spend what little time I have doing what I like.

ducking now, so things don't hit me when everyone start throwing...

oh... Suzi, I love your funky twist one!! Now that is my kind of image! :bigwink:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
kimi_boo wrote: ok... I'll be honest.
Just adjusting an image in LR wasn't creative enough for me. It felt like it held no challenge. I understand the concept. And it is certainly something I should be doing because I am never going to like it until I get in there and play around with it. But... I feel like instead of encouraging creativity, I am expected to play by the rules.

Was never very good with rules. I would rather spend what little time I have doing what I like.

ducking now, so things don't hit me when everyone start throwing...

oh... Suzi, I love your funky twist one!! Now that is my kind of image! :bigwink:

I'm MIA, SORRY!! I'm swimming in softball pictures and trying to get babies!!! :puter: I'm with Kimi, I use Lightroom as my first stop with my RAW images, but I just can't stop there. Everything gets converted to TIFFs then I perform some more magic in photoshop that just can't be done in Lightroom. I love all the presets that can be applied to images now, it is one my new loves, besides textures...but I just can't stop myself from pressing a button once and saying, "be done". I should but I don't. BTW, suzi, I just can't cannot duplicate what I did....some presets will blend some others will override, I just haven't found the time to determine the mechanism that causes this phenomenon.... BTW, I love the tulip photo and really would like to attempt that photo.... Good shots Michel!!!
well, here we go going off topic...

Denise... how many babies have you gotten and of course we MUST see some images!!
I'm interested in your baby lighting?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
LR generally isn't the last stop for my photos either, but I like the challenge of trying to do something with it without just automatically hitting a preset button.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
This was completely done in LR (beta version). You can be creative in LR, too

Most of the time, I ignore the presets, Lr is just a tool, not a straight jacket.

There has been some discussion, and as the next poster for the challenge, we will be expanding ever so slightly, the creative part, if you do not have access to Lr or Lr v2.0 Beta.

I think the challenge here is to get the most out of your image, without going overboard on the artistic creativity available in Photoshop.

My usual process is to get the best image I can, then decide what to do with it. To me, this is the essence of the Lr challenge and the way in which we are going to bend the rules a little, and not break them.

In some respects, I think this is going to be more like the work done in Radiant Vista, which in my view is about exploiting the potential of photographic images.
John
20 posts Page 2 of 2