For those that have finally seen the light!
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Doesn't seem to be too much interest in this idea, but let me ask two questions.

1. What would make this more interesting and get more involvement?

2. Is there anyone out there interested in posting one of their images for next Wednesday?
John
I will do it, John. I would like to know what happened to all the members that said they would do this, when I first asked about starting this. John, you, michel and I can play!!!!
My problem is finding the time, not that I'm not interested in doing this. We've had some family things going on that have kept us busy, and next weekend we are spending in Richmond going to the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races (go Junior!) and then shooting over to Jamestown on Sunday. Going to be taking lots and lots of pictures, and I'm still trying to catch up from our trip to Texas. I still have another set of those to go yet, plus we went to a local Renaissance Fair that I have barely even looked at yet. There are days I wish I could retire and just pursue my photography, but until the house gets paid off, and we have a kid starting college this fall, that's just out of the question. :crying:

I can finally put up some of my Texas pics......check out My Wanderings if you want to take a peek.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene,

Play when you can, work as you must.

I retired 4 years ago and am still so busy, so I understand, and well remember what little time I had for fun when I was working.
John
Here you go John, Finally getting caught up alittle here.
First one just alot of tweeks and cropped
Second one used a preset called St nikon capture sepia and a few tweeks

Suzi,

Like your leaf variant. This was a shot I took that looked terrible on the LCD screen, and looked so so out ot the box on the screen.

SInce I started on this exercise, I have been finding and downloading a lot of presets, but my tendancy is always to process the image until I get the best looking shot, then save a snapshot of that. Next is playing with the presets.

Nice B&W on the tree shot. Do you know where you found the preset you used?
John
John, I think I got the preset from inside lightroom. com
17 posts Page 2 of 2