For those that have finally seen the light!
19 posts Page 1 of 2
some new rules to play by.

If you are using Elements or an older version of Photoshop and do not have access to the full range of the adjustment tabs and sliders that are available in Lr, you may make up to two additional adjustments in Elements/Photoshop, as long as they are adjusting lighting, shadows or contrast. In other words, not the filter gallery, not Brush strokes, just basic adjustments in image.

If you use a preset, please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe your workflow.

Sorry, these images are not very impressive but got home late last night and just remembered that I had to post today. The catcus flower and the skyline are in need of color adjustment because I had the WB set wrong. The other just for fun was my lunch!!!

Here is the link to the raw files, if anyone one wants the jpegs just give a holler

http://www.4shared.com/file/45911747/da ... lenge.html
Suzi,

Great cloud shot, downloading now and will start playing.
John
IMG_5950.jpg
IMG_5950.jpg (88.98 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

In ACR:
temp 4700 tint +27 (with auto wb on background)
exposure +0.25 fill light +25
clarity 50 vibrance +25

In PSE6, USM 20,50,0 and sharpen
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
That looks great, Michel.
Suzi,

Here is the first, I took a hint from you, but the first thing I always do is try out the various white balance settings. Auto, Daylight and Cloudy all produce a pretty consistent hue and saturation effect in the night skyline. This one is Auto only in Lr.

Nice, but I have this thing for sunset images.

Sky.jpg
Sky.jpg (136 KiB) Viewed 982 times
John
And this one of thge cactus flower, pretty close to Michel, but wanted to bring out more of the green in the stem of the plant.

Made quite a few Lr tweaks to get here, image of history included.

Cactus1.jpg
Cactus1.jpg (88.39 KiB) Viewed 978 times

History.jpg
History.jpg (84.55 KiB) Viewed 978 times
John
And now for Lobster Boy!
John
they both look great, John. That sunset you did is exactly what it looked like. I think I must have taken about 30 shots of the sky that evening. Everything had this orange glow to it.
And, here is lobster boy.

This is from Nicks Lr Promo Bundle Vol 1 - Old Timee

Lobster.jpg
Lobster.jpg (128.4 KiB) Viewed 974 times

Edit: If they looked like this, would anybody eat them?
John
I don't think I would eat him, looking like that.
19 posts Page 1 of 2