For those that have finally seen the light!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Its that time of the week again, when the new ACR/LR Challenge goes up.

The pictures this week come from the Raleigh, NC Renaissance Fair (Butterflies) and the other two come from the Jamestown, VA exhibit. The tie down is on the replica of the ship Susan Godspeed, which brought over some of the settlers to the Jamestown Colony in 1609. And the totem is a replica of Algonquin totems, the Indians that the settlers encountered.

ACR-LR-Challenge-7-Composite.jpg
ACR-LR-Challenge-7-Composite.jpg (118.52 KiB) Viewed 1036 times

You can find either the original DNG files, or full size JPG files here.

Remember the rules of engagement:

All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your noise filter (although there's nothing to stop you from using LR for them). Also, if you are using Elements or an older version of Photoshop and do not have access to the full range of the adjustment tabs and sliders that are available in LR, you may make up to two additional adjustments in Elements/Photoshop, as long as they are adjusting lighting, shadows or contrast. In other words, not the filter gallery, not Brush strokes, just basic adjustments to the image.

If you use a preset,please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe or tell your workflow.

Above all, remember LR's Fifth Rule: Enjoy! :chickendance:

See Help -> The Five Rules for the rest of 'em. :puter:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene, the link is not working. It takes me to a log-in for my account.
Copied the wrong link the first time. It should be fixed now.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
OK,

Brought the image into CS3, used the Point Curve in ACR to solarize the image, then duplicted the layer and set the blend mode to multiply.

Butterfly-Wings-copy.jpg
Butterfly-Wings-copy.jpg (200.59 KiB) Viewed 1000 times

or this one

Butterfly2.jpg
Butterfly2.jpg (233.04 KiB) Viewed 997 times

I think I am having a flashback moment :spew:
John
Very cool, you are going to have to share all the details on doing that

here is one from me

after

settings

Susan-Godspeed-Artifactw.jpg
Susan-Godspeed-Artifactw.jpg (134.75 KiB) Viewed 980 times

ACR and in Elements: shadow/highlight and levels.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Algonquin-Totemw.jpg
Algonquin-Totemw.jpg (101.02 KiB) Viewed 971 times

ACR plus in PSE6 = USM and shadow/highlight. (working in 16 bits is much safer)

EDIT:
By the way, not acceptable according to the challenge rules:
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/view_image ... itcomments

The combo ACR + Elements is extremely powerful. The trouble may be that you should get out of ACR the best starting image (= negative) to edit in PSE. This is not generally the best looking image, but you get all the necessary info to get your final result.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Now the butterfly. (Only USM in PSE6)
Butterfly WingsW.jpg
Butterfly WingsW.jpg (204.54 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Gene's totem, used a preset called dust storm, then tweeked that also. On to the butterflies!!!

OK, I went crazy with the buterflies. Used a preset called col deviant, then really messed with color saturation.

15 posts Page 1 of 2