For those that have finally seen the light!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Sorry... I was tagged to submit for this challenge, but I am struggling with my Internet provider today and I am unable to upload! Please be patient...
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Hope your problems clear up for you soon, Michel. Sometimes a swift kick works, lol.
Seems to work again...
This time, here are two raw files. The one from the museum calls for creative interpretation. The other one calls for rescue... It was shot on an overcast day exposing for the sky, and it is difficult to recover a normal look for the golden statue. This is another kind of challenge to make the most out of
ACR/LR.

Here are the links:
http://mbret.club.fr/bretchermichel/musee.CRW
http://mbret.club.fr/bretchermichel/statue00.CRW
If you have difficulties uploading, tell me and I'll try another solution.

Remember the rules of engagement:

All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your noise filter (although there's nothing to stop you from using LR for them). If you are using Elements or an older version of Photoshop and do not have access to the full range of the adjustment tabs and sliders that are available in LR, you may make up to two additional adjustments in Elements/Photoshop, as long as they are adjusting lighting, shadows or contrast. In other words, not the filter gallery, not Brush strokes, just basic adjustments to the image.

If you use a preset, please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe or tell us about your workflow.

Above all, remember LR's Fifth Rule: Enjoy!
musee.jpg
musee.jpg (197.37 KiB) Viewed 1011 times

statue00.jpg
statue00.jpg (110.97 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Michel,

Glad to see that you are back on the air again.

Two images here - the first one corrected to what I think is its best look to begin with. Basically just tweaked the Detail adjustments till it looked right - to me at least.

Here is the first

Statue1.jpg
Statue1.jpg (166.67 KiB) Viewed 995 times

Then, used a preset in Nicks Lr Promo Bundle Vol 1 - Earth and then boosted the saturation in the Statue colours by clicking on Saturation and the Lr option that lets you adjust saturation by clicking and sliding in the image area that you want to target.

Here is the Lr adjustments after all that

Statue2.jpg
Statue2.jpg (176.73 KiB) Viewed 995 times

I would probably finish off by going into CS3 and burning in the clouds a little more, BUT that would be cheating. :chickendance:
John
Nice, John. Oh and go ahead and cheat just alittle.
On this one I just used a preset called Hallowed Black

Well done, John and Suzi. I hope those who are looking at your submissions will try something... and submit their own visions.
Here a version using ACR (maximum recovery, fill light, contrast and clarity, saturation -100) and PSE6 (maximum contrast plus USM 20,50,0). Nearly a sketch effect.
musee_sketchW.jpg
musee_sketchW.jpg (162.02 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
And a small crop for 'normal' look.
musee_crop.jpg
musee_crop.jpg (220.01 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Michel B

Mes Galeries
With Suzi's "permission"

Probably went overboard, OKAY, I went overboard.

This is my previous post, opened in CS3, added a Linear Burn and a Color dodge layer, used the b&w brushes ( :bigwink: ) to paint the frame and goosed the statue a little (with another layer).

Okay, I fell better about it. :chickendance:

Statue3.jpg
Statue3.jpg (160.98 KiB) Viewed 930 times
John
Suzi,

Sweet!

Love the Hollowed Black preset version. :love:
John
11 posts Page 1 of 2