For those that have finally seen the light!
35 posts Page 2 of 4
Ok - I tried another one - used the Night Grotto 11 present on this........didn't make it look like night, but the settings got rid of the red. :) I then adjusted it a little more in PSE 6.
Wagon copy.jpg
Wagon copy.jpg (103.76 KiB) Viewed 596 times
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Good going, sunny. Remember you can crop and stuff also!
Suzi,

Here is my first, like this picture of the market with the color contrasts, etc.

Fixed the white balance, adjusted for Recovery, Fill Light and Blacks in the Basic tab, then tweaked the tone curve for a strong contrast, cropped and straightened - all in Lr.

Market1.jpg
Market1.jpg (248.79 KiB) Viewed 579 times
John
Want to play more here but just after I posted the first image, I went downstairs to feed the cat, heard water running and found that the hot water tank was doing its best to turn the basement into a swimming pool. :o

Also found out that the slope of the floor sends the water anywhere but to the drain. :crying:

Cleaning up now, and for a while.
John
Flower.jpg
Flower.jpg (99.92 KiB) Viewed 559 times

'Nuff of that begging now! :rotfl:

Done in LR2 just playing until I found something I think I liked.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
FarmersMarket.jpg
FarmersMarket.jpg (103.86 KiB) Viewed 557 times

And another......

Also found out that the slope of the floor sends the water anywhere but to the drain.

Ol' Murphy strikes again! Good luck with the clean up.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks, Gene. It seems like the begging is having some effect. If that is what it takes I am not above BEGGING :thanks:
John, so sorry to hear about the water or should I say flood. Hope you get it cleaned up soon.
So sorry for John!
IMG_7253W.jpg
IMG_7253W.jpg (228 KiB) Viewed 549 times

I made 2 versions in ACR, one for colour, the other for black and white to enhance the tones of the rose. Then placed the colour version in colour mode over the B&W one in Elements.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
suzib wrote: Michel, your method of appling presets in elements will it only work in 6. I have tried to repeat what you did in 5 with no luck. Either that or I am doing something wrong. HELP
IMG_8052Grotto.jpg
IMG_8052Grotto.jpg (196.31 KiB) Viewed 536 times

Suzi,
As you can see, it works in PSE5. I copied your Night Grotto preset in the same directory as your second picture, renamed it IMG_8052.xmp, then opened it ACR 4.3 and saved it without any adjustment in PSE5.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
The third photo calls for WB correction, highlight recovery in ACR, and in PSE6 a tad of Hue/sat and levels adjustments, plus USM 20,50,0 to enhance local contrast.
IMG_8081W.jpg
IMG_8081W.jpg (92.74 KiB) Viewed 532 times
Michel B

Mes Galeries
35 posts Page 2 of 4