For those that have finally seen the light!
23 posts Page 2 of 3
I really need to make sure I set my camera back to a baseline before I go out on any given day with it. Then that wouldn't happen (like getting all the noise). I'd tie a string on my finger but I'd probably forget why I did it...... :doh:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I know...
My worst fear is forgetting to set the exposure correction back to 0. I practically never shoot manual, I let my 20D in 'P' mode and I have two dials to choose 1) the exposure/shutter ratio, 2) the exposure correction depending on subject and histogram info. The last one is 'sticky'... Fortunately, I shoot raw like you, and that has often saved my day! By the way, your shots only need more PP, they can yield excellent enlargements. The highlights are very clean, which proves exposing for highlights is still advisable, just like for slides.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Guess I should post, too......
20080518-Chasing-Bubbles.jpg
20080518-Chasing-Bubbles.jpg (102.74 KiB) Viewed 664 times

Everything done in LR except for noise reduction and some sharpening. I just played with the settings until I came up with something I liked. No presets.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Pullen-Park-Bridge.jpg
Pullen-Park-Bridge.jpg (243.32 KiB) Viewed 660 times

Adjusted exposure, and pretty strong tone curve adjustment in LR going towards the "dark side" with this. Then pushed green saturation in particular. I stuck with noise reduction and sharpening inside LR also. Then added a bit of a vignette.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Pullen-Park-Express-Selective-B&W.jpg
Pullen-Park-Express-Selective-B&W.jpg (166.08 KiB) Viewed 649 times

Desaturated all colors except red, which I upped the saturation on a bit. Noise reduction and sharpening, all done in LR.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Well, noise was an issue, esp. with the photo of the lit'l girl. However, I have to add, the composition and the bubble were fantastic!!! So I did work extra hard on her.

With the train, I applied Matt's Sin City. Perfect preset when you want to emphasize red in a photo.... (looks very similar to Gene's makeover)...
Noiseware was applied after presets in CS2
For the Bridge I applied a new preset from Cottage Industry Designs by Kim Sayre
http://millcottagephoto.blogspot.com/; unfortunately I purchased these at a vendor show, so you can email her directly for more information.......
The preset is called Intense Vintage IR.....

Took the photo into Photoshop and added a reverse vignette fade......
Ok, for the little girl, I used the set of presets from Kim Sayre:
First applied Noiseware (Portrait setting with added luminance)...then went to Lightroom....
applied, Kim's Experimental Forest....
Then took it back into CS2, got rid of the harsh shadows and under eye darkness on the face using the patch tool (a cool thing, very cool)...for fun also applied a texture (I know I totally broke all LR Challenge rules!!)...

And did a BW using Kim's Breve' Brown preset:

I did a lot more, but this should be enough.... :)
Dee-Dee, so glad to see you back in here!!!!
Suzi, :oops:

First me, then Michele, then Denise. :oops:

OMG, what did I start! :woohoo:

Sorry Michel - typo - my bad! :chickendance:

And I should know better!
John
23 posts Page 2 of 3