For those that have finally seen the light!
23 posts Page 1 of 3
These are the pictures for this week's ACR/LR Challenge. Since we ended up with 2 11's, I jumped right to 13. I'm NOT superstitious! :biggrin:
ACR-LR-Challenge-13.jpg
ACR-LR-Challenge-13.jpg (132.48 KiB) Viewed 1191 times

These were taken on a Sunday outing at Pullen Park in Raleigh, NC. The little girl (my niece) and her brother had been baptized that morning, so we were celebrating. Here she's having fun chasing bubbles.

The middle picture is the foot bridge at one end of the lake, and the other is the train that makes the rounds of the park. That picture was taken from a bridge above.

And I will admit, I screwed these pictures up in the camera. They were all shot on aperture priority, and I thought my ISO was set to auto (dummy me) but somehow it got stuck at ISO 1250, so they are a bit noisy.

You can find the untouched DNG or JPG files here.

Remember the rules of engagement: All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your noise filter. You can make some MINOR changes in PSE/CS3 if you want. If you use a preset, please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe tell your workflow.

Above all, remember LR's Fifth Rule: Enjoy!

See Help -> The Five Rules for the rest of 'em.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I am not superstitious.
The main problem was the noise.
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/916503/21411
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/916504/21411
Noise reduction in ACR and PSE6 (targetting shadows)
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
NIce job, Michel. Love the B/W
O.K., broke all the rules and went for best image in CS3. Couldn't help myself! :chickendance: :chickendance:

Opened as Smart Object, ran Noise Ninja, Shadows and Highlights, Noise Ninja again.

Used an Action I got from Radiant Vista that came with the "The Photographer's Photoshop CS3 Companion" that creates the 5 essential adjustment layers, tweaked each of them.

Came up with this:

Bubbles1.jpg
Bubbles1.jpg (151.89 KiB) Viewed 1154 times

Using this:

Bubbles1Layers.jpg
Bubbles1Layers.jpg (104.09 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
John
O.K.

I cheated, BUT they are all filters or adjustment layers.

Didn't use a single solitary brush.

No sir, not me! :saint: :roll:
John
And then did this

Bubbles2.jpg
Bubbles2.jpg (159.15 KiB) Viewed 1138 times

WIth this

Bubbles2LR.jpg
Bubbles2LR.jpg (89.88 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
John
John, what am I going to do with you, cheating!!!! It looks great.
Here are mine, Gene. I love the little girl and I think she turned out pretty good

She is a cute one and she just loves getting her picture taken. Keep up the good work everyone!! We need to see more! :toast:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Here is a 100% crop (no resampling) of the bridge. Trying to get the most detail and lowest noise, which meant some masking in adjustment layers... outside the challenge rules, I know.
Genevh's Pullen Park Bridge crop.jpg
Genevh's Pullen Park Bridge crop.jpg (208.62 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
23 posts Page 1 of 3