For those that have finally seen the light!
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Finally, sorry about the delay. Its been an eventful morning!!!

The images I selected were taken at the beginning of dusk. I believe an iso of 400 and random other settings. I was so HAPPY to get an image with sun flare!!! I've been trying to get the opportunity whenever I can and my son was being somewhat cooperative. But as you will see, the photo is backlit. I could have adjusted my settings for fill flash, but with kids, there is no time. The "peek-a-boo" with my daughter is great composition; exactly what I was trying to achieve; however, the foreground structure was what the camera was exposing on, and unfortunately not on her. Again, I could have made the proper adjustments in my camera in the perfect world, but guess what, Lit'l Miss Maddie had things to do and adventures to seek. So she only gave me 2 frames worth in this pose. And the flower. I just love the Bokeh on this image. Out of the camera, IMO, looks dull; so I thought that this one would be a fun one to play around with using cool presets!!! All auto white balance, all taken with my 50mm f/1.8

And here are the links:
JPEGS: https://download.yousendit.com/ZncxanZ2cGtqV0RIRGc9PQ
RAW: https://download.yousendit.com/ZncxanZqVEhEa1hIRGc9PQ

Enjoy!!!
-denise:)
Got them. Thanks, Dee-Dee for doing this week!!!
Alrighty, since these pics were mine, I did do many versions...but for sake of saving cyberspace, I'll only post one of each (well almost). But, if you really want to, you can visit the rest of them in my gallery: http://mommyandmephotography.smugmug.com/gallery/5312080_jbVwE#324319869_9iUUZ

So for the flower, I had fun and took it totolly out of the ordinary (and I really did use only Lightroom - I'm so proud of myself!!)....
First I applied Matt's 300 Look ...and wow....loved it, but everytime I use this preset, I get the halo around the edges of my subjects. Hate that!! So, cranked up the blacks, tweated saturation, and coloring of highlights, shadows and what not.... went back and forth with the exposure and fill light....sharpened a lot because I thought it looked cool. and here you go.....elegant bokeh to classy.....

Then with both Maddie and Jack Jack's photos, I first applied noiseware in CS2...with Jack, default setting worked best; with Maddie, she's already a porcelain doll, so using the portrait setting worked well for her.
Went back to Lightroom and with Maddie's, straight out of the preset called "Old Tymee" - from Matt's friend I think....and it looked cool. Really brought out her eyes instantly!!! Made me happy, but did not like the initial greenish tint.....so played with color modules, saturation, vibrance, tone, hue, and finally got rid of the green. Yeah.... added darkened vignette around the edges.....
but wanted to see what it would look like to reverse the vignette,,,,so tried Nichole Van's Light BW preset and said , cool. did some tweaking with contrast, brightness, fill light, exposure....
but also wanted to try this photo in color.
I love her eyes and the color of her skin. Like I said, my lit'l porcelain doll... so applied (oops not a preset...took a look at the history, WOw!!).... here goes...auto white balance, decreased saturation, increased fill light and exposure, increased blacks, decreased temperature, added vignette, increased light tones and brightness, played with fill light and exposure again, decreased vibrance and adjusted reds and blues. whew!!! Thank god for history....

jack jack was tough. If this were a real shoot, I would not include this in my proof pile. But because he is my kid, I'll take him out back again tonight and try another shoot.....so, I also did a color version and and "desaturated" version. I preferred the "desaturated" version....
I really liked the !tasty maximus midbump preset from Kim Sayre.....
And there you go!! Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with......

-denise:)
Denise, you have been a busy lady. Absolutely love, love, love the rose. It's like can just reach out and touch it. Excellent!!! Your kids are adorable. I enjoy seeing what things you come up with. :cheer2:
Denise - you're a hard act to follow! :D
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
sarch99 wrote: Denise - you're a hard act to follow! :D

I agree.. my first thought was I wanted to try Maddie in a black and white. Well shoot, mine will never look like that! (sigh....) I will try anyway. How will I ever learn if I don't?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
ok, I can't tell you what I did. :oops: I just got in there and played.
I did have a few issues? I couldn't get my image to be a big single image and I couldn't open in CS3. Nothing would ever happen. I finally exported it into a folder.

~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
My first one, a combination of metro grunge and matt's nostalgic 1

dee.jpg
dee.jpg (104.1 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
Excellent ladies!! Kimi, my raw image was taken from my XT.....let me know if anyone else has problems; I'll convert the maddie and jack images to dng.......

Nice job Kimi......The challenge with Maddie's photo is that when you adjust the exposure to correct for her, you'll blow the highlights of the foreground. It's tricky finding the happy medium:)

Suzi, I need that Metro Grunge preset. Do you have a link?????? I love the sharpeness of the flower. I was going to add more, but I'm always afraid. :|
Here is it Dee-Dee. It is part of a set. She has alot of sets and they seem really nice, I bought all 6 and it cost me a total of les than 6 bucks. Remember that flower is a combination of 2 presets

http://www.liveoutloudscraps.com/boutiq ... hp?cat=270
14 posts Page 1 of 2