For those that have finally seen the light!
16 posts Page 2 of 2
What, Me, no sir! :o

O.K. seriously now.

The purpose of this challenge – at least in my mind – is to help and encourage us to discover the capabilities of ACR/Lr camera raw capabilities. I have stretched that to include some basic adjustments that can be done in Elements that are not available in the Elements version of ACR. This is because the full version of Photoshop has a far more powerful version of ACR (actually the same version, but has more gadgets available) and Lightroom actually has a few more capabilities than in Photoshop CS3.

So, do that. :thumbsup:

What I have been doing is posting the limits of where I wanted to go in Lightroom in terms of my creative juices are for a particular image, post that and then, when I can no longer resist the temptation, go into Photoshop and see what else happens and if I like that I post it, fess up and have a good time.

Some rules, especially Photographic ones need to be bent if not broken hard.

The Photography Police are not allowed here! When we started this off here some members said they felt too restricted and felt they couldn’t participate.

Please participate.

And finally, I often go into Lr and play with presets and waste hours of my time having plain old fun.

Do that! :chickendance: :chickendance:
John
The Bird:
Bird-2.jpg
Bird-2.jpg (91.65 KiB) Viewed 936 times

Just playing with settings. Completely done in LR2.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
And another:
Park-Scene-2.jpg
Park-Scene-2.jpg (141.12 KiB) Viewed 931 times

Tried playing with it in LR2 but couldn't come up with anything I really liked, so I ended up applying Matt K.'s Surreal Edgy Effect 4 then took it into CS3 for some sharpening.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Gene,

Like what you did. I have played with this one a lot - and gone back and shot it again without getting what I wanted. I have tried contrast masks, levels masking, paint with light and others.

Should have and will next time try it in HDR and see what comes out with that.
John
That's one of those scenes that you're either going to blow out the highlights, or lose the shadows no matter how you expose it. It probably would be good HDR candidate. I haven't tried any of that yet.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Well, this little guy and I finally came to an understanding. I have totally forgot what preset I used for the color but used Matt white vignetting.

john's.jpg
john's.jpg (81.45 KiB) Viewed 909 times
16 posts Page 2 of 2