For those that have finally seen the light!
30 posts Page 1 of 3
I just did a slideshow of my sister and her husband flying into Vancouver Harbour from Desolation Sound by float plane on Saturday. I got some wonderful shots. I spent time and made a slide show in LR. Now I find I cannot e-mail it. Also I cannot find a way to just e-mail the individual photos. It is their 30th wedding anniversary and I really wanted them to have it tonight. I just figured it would be like e-mailing from organizer.

Also I imported the photos directly into LR and erased them from my card. Now is there some way to put them in organizer so I can e-mail them. This is my own fault. I should have got a book or done some tutorials before starting with LR. Most the tutorials show all the new upgrades but I just need the basics.
HELP - if anyone sees this tonight. Thanks.
Shari
Sorry for your problems, Shari,
I don't have Lightroom so can't really help. But... wanted to post to bump this thread up. Somebody will be along to help I'm sure.

I also changed the title of your thread -- more people will look at it now. When I first spotted it I almost didn't even look at the thread 'cause I thought it was about an email you had rec'd from Lightroom. As I have no interest in buying it, I had no interest in whatever promotion they were running 8-)

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Shari, I have been googling like crazy for you and came up with this site...read article..there is a link in it for the free set-up to make LR send e-mail. I have seen this refered to in alot of the stuff I have found so must be good.

http://www.peachpit.com/blogs/blog.aspx ... -Lightroom
Thanks Rusty. You know I might not have spent the $299. if I had realized I could not e-mail from it easily. Often one would like to just e-mail some shots before a lot of editing and Lightroom comes up as my default when getting the photos from my card. I have done some reading by searching forums and as someone else that had this problem suggested - I sent the photos using Picasa.
Thanks again.
Shari
Another thing you could do if you don't want to try what I put in other post is first set up a folder in my pictures, then bring picture into LR, then you can export picture as a jpeg into that folder. Or bring into elements for CS3 and then do a save as into that folder. but it sounds like the thing that is in the other thread works good.
Thanks Suzi - I will read that now. Haven't you wanted to e-mail your photos from LR - or do you put them into CS3 and then send them? I can see I have a lot to learn. After a year off I am getting back into the swing of things and look forward to learning - Lightroom, CS3 and my DSLR. Very busy days to come.
Thanks again.
Shari
No Shari, I just send mine from the folders that they are in as attachments. Hope the other post helps
OK, I have looked all over CS3 and can't find anywhere that you can send an e-mail from there. Is this something in Bridge (which I do not use)
Shari,

Nope, no email in CS3/Bridge.

What I normally do is select the images you want to share, and from Library Module, File, Export, select or create a folder on my Desktop and set the size for 200x200 pixels at 120 ppi which (for my camera) creates images of about 57 Kb. If you want bigger, up the height and width settings and run again and check what you have got.

Once done, I start up email and manually attach the images, address, add a personal message and send it.

On the second and subsequent export, you will be prompted about renaming/overwriting images - select overwrite to keep things simple.

There is a Bridge feature that lets you create a PDF file, but it takes a but of experimentation to create appropriate sized PDFs that you can email.
John
Shari,

Just noticed that there is a File, Export, then when the dialogue box comes up, in the upper left corner there are a number of presets, one of which is For E-mail.
John
30 posts Page 1 of 3