For those that have finally seen the light!
30 posts Page 3 of 3
Suzi,

I don't know how comcast handles it - or how you use it. If COmcast email is a stand-alone application, there should be an option that says "make me the default"

In Outlook Express it is here: Tools, Options, then click on the Make Default at the bottom.

email.jpg
email.jpg (132.8 KiB) Viewed 1307 times

If it is a Web Based mail program, you may not be able to make it work.

P.S. In Outlook it is in the same place, so look for Tools, Options and see what is there.
John
It looks like it can't be done, only 2 options, outlook express and live mail
Suzi,

It is also working for Microsoft Outlook - which is the one I am using.

Sorry it seem not to be helping you. :crying:
John
That's ok, John. I send all my pictures as attachments anyway. So it is not a big deal. Off to get the LR challenge set up!!!
I use Mozilla's Thunderbird for my default email and it got picked up with no troubles. As for the other questions directed my way, unless someone else answers them, I will get to them in the morning (Thursday) as I am at work now. I was real late getting to bed after work last night as it was....... :shock:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Here is the link again to the MapiMailer application: http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?t=2019

And just so we have them, here are the instructions for installing MapiMailer:

In Lightroom:

1. Click on the File|Export... menu item.

2. Choose the 'For E-Mail' preset under the 'Lightroom Presets' item on
the left side of the dialog.

3. Press the Add button on the bottom left of the dialog.

4. Type 'MapiMailer' as the new preset name, and leave the folder name
as 'User Presets'.

5. (optional but recommended) Change the Export Location Destination
Folder to a root level folder with a short name like C:\Temp and
uncheck the Put in Subfolder option. >>> See NOTES below for the reason.

6. Choose the new 'Mapi Mailer' item in the Post-processing After export
list.

7. Right click on the 'MapiMailer' preset you created in the 'User Presets'
in the left part of the dialog and select 'Update with Current Settings'

8. Click the Cancel button if you are not trying to email anything right
now, or the Export button if you have already selected some files to
email and wish to do so.

From this point forward, when you select a batch of photos in Lightroom and
then choose File|Export... from the menu and select the preset 'MapiMailer',
Lightroom will create copies of your photos in the export location, and then
invoke your default email program with the selected files attached to a new
email. MapiMailer waits for you to send save or cancel the email, and then
it deletes the temporary exported files since they are no longer needed.

Gene - I still need a little help with No. 5. I don't know where he means to 'change the export location destination folder to a root lever folder' I did it without doing #5 and it took me to my photos in my pictures. Would you mind explaining #5 for me?

To answer the question here, your root level folder is your C drive. To create the TMP folder he is talking about, in the export dialog window that pops up when you hit the Export button in LR, in the right hand pane at the top is the section called Export Location where you can tell LR where to export the photos to. Set the "Export to" drop down to "Specific folder", then click the "Choose" button right below the drop-down window. This opens another window that lists all your folders. Pull the slider up to the top of that window, then click the + by My Computer to open that up if it isn't already. You will then see a listing of all the drives in and connected to your PC. You can then select any drive (the instructions say the C drive, but any drive will work that stays attached to your PC) and then hit the "Make New Folder" button at the bottom of the window, and it will create a new folder for you. Name it something, but the idea here is to use a short name, and then select that folder you just made and hit OK. This takes you back to the original export dialog window, and you should now see your new folder in the "Folder" line, and its path. For instance, I did it and now that line for me reads: Folder: C:\TMP Mail
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Thank you soooo much Gene. I had most of it right but missing one little step makes a difference. I have been down with a summer sore throat and cold so have not been at the computer. Will try your instructions tomorrow - and again thanks.
Shari
:o those are the worst ones!!! But stay away from me....I am officially on vacation and don't need to get sick now!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Gene - I have to thank you so much for taking the time to write everything out for me. Believe it or not I have just got back to wanting to mail out of LR today. Where the time goes I do not know. We have been having beautiful fall weather here and it has just been too nice to sit in at a computer. I just started shooting in raw. I downloaded my photos and wanted to e-mail some today. I remembered this thread, went back and printed your instructions and it worked!!! Thank you again.
Shari
You are most welcome! :thumbsup:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

30 posts Page 3 of 3