For those that have finally seen the light!
30 posts Page 2 of 3
My final say (for now)

I tried the Help function and found a link to indicate how to set up Lr 1.0 for email - tried the same thing in 2.0 and it doesn't work. :crying:

Tried the same thing in Lr 1.4 and you guessed it, didn't work.

I can get it to launch Outlook Express, but not set up the email like Organizer does.

In case it is something about my system or email program, here is the link

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... lId=333743
John
I tried setting it up per those instructions and couldn't get LR2 to send the picture to my email program either (Thunderbird). But to me, the benefits of processing in LR far outweigh the inconvenience of having to manually attach my photos to an email once I have exported them.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Has anyone tried the one from the link I posted in earlier post.
Has anyone tried the one from the link I posted in earlier post.

I just downloaded and installed the MapiMailer and it works like a charm! Thanks for pointing that out again. :thumbsup:

Here is her link again: http://www.peachpit.com/blogs/blog.aspx ... -Lightroom
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Whew, I am glad that worked, I hate posting links that I am not sure will work. A question on this, will it set up to use only Outlook or can you set it for your own e-mail provider???
Suzi,

It looks like it defaults to your default email program. My PC is set up for Outlook and Outlook Express with Outlook being the default, and it selected that one.
John
Ok, how do I set my default to comcast.net?? I think mine is set to outlook but I never use it.
Suzi - I just tried it now. Still 10AM here! Gene - I still need a little help with No. 5. I don't know where he means to 'change the export location destination folder to a root lever folder' I did it without doing #5 and it took me to my photos in my pictures. Would you mind explaining #5 for me?

I am also onto saving a photo. I can't find anywhere to save once I have worked on them. This is definitely not as easy as I thought. For someone like me - a hobbiest that likes playing with photos and making cards - I don't know if this was a worthwhile programme. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.
Shari
Shari, I always save my stuff out of CS3. Do what I want in LR then edit in CS3 then save as a jpeg. If I want a smaller size to e-mail then I do a save to web thing. To save in LR..it is called export, click on that and pick where you want it to go and so forth. The only thing I saw when I tried it that way and saved to jpeg that I got a really small file. Like something that you would send in an e-mail. I haven't tried a tiff to see if you get full size. I just find saving out of CS3 best for me as I always do more editing there. Give it time to learn all the in's and out's. You will love it, I know I do!!!
Shari,

Re step 5, I think he is talking about the "real" file name if you put the image by default to My Pictures - which coulb be something like this

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Pictures\To Email\pic1.jpg

as opposed to this

C:\To Email\pic1.jpg

With the latter option, because the text is shorter, more images at one time.
John
30 posts Page 2 of 3