For those that have finally seen the light!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Another cool feature of Lightroom! Instead of editing a photo using the various tools available, you can apply presets that will apply a variety of effects (e.g., sepia, selenium tone, high key, black and white effects) to your photo. Numerous presets are built in to Lightroom.

But wait...there's more! User Presets, either built by you or from other sources, can be easily added. There are dozens of user presets available for download - free - on the net.

I'm starting to really like Lightroom....can you tell? :D
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Stay with it Chuck, it's great :)

One thing you can do with the presets is apply them at the time you import your images. This bring the advantage that you don't really need the Picture Styles found in some cameras. Once again you get to control the processing of how your 'picture style presets' come out.

BTW: v1.3 update is now out.

Colin

I've never used Picture Styles on my cameras. I guess I always wanted that 'pure' image that didn't have any effects applied in-camera. But I certainly am not opposed to tweaking my images in PS, PSE, and now, Lightroom! :)
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
3 posts Page 1 of 1