For those that have finally seen the light!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Since I have LR2 on the way, I want to uninstall the beta version. I have some added presets in there that I would like to add to the new one. I have dug around but can't seem to find them. Can someone tell me how to copy them to my desktop so I can reinstall? Please!
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Here is the path to find them Kimi. Windows xp. Where is says susan it would be your name

C:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets
Kimi,

Copy them out, but you may not have to do anything when you uninstall the beta version. The C:\Documents and Settings\Susan\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets directory is a user area and is not affected by system installs and installs.

The presets are in an area that is USUALLY not impacted by an install/uninstall. I would suggest that you copy for backup, uninstall, then install the V2 software and as long as you accept the default settings (as you probably did when you installed the beta version) you may be pleasantly surprised when you start up Lr.

USUALLY.

If not, you have your backup copies.
John
Thanks guys!!! :biggrin:
Now they are safe and sound on my desktop just in case.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
You really don't need to uninstall the beta version. LR will install the new version over it and update any files, etc. that it needs to from the beta version. It will also keep all your presets, etc. that you have.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
5 posts Page 1 of 1