For those that have finally seen the light!
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Some shots form my recent trip to Alberta

ACR22.jpg
ACR22.jpg (146.5 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

You can find the original RAW files HERE

Remember the rules of engagement: All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your noise filter. You can make some MINOR changes in PSE/CS3 if you want. If you use a preset, please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe your workflow.

Oh what the heck, bend the rules, but tell us what you did so we can go - Oh, Kool!

Above all, remember LR's Fifth Rule: Enjoy!
John
Thanks for posting these, John. As soon as I get a bunch of soccer pictures posted to my flickr account I will get to them.
First one from me. tweeked the exposure, recovery and saturation, then used matt's sunset preset
john.jpg
john.jpg (210.48 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Suzi,

Nice one. Here is my first - used one I got from you - Cold Autumn.

Trees1.jpg
Trees1.jpg (234.58 KiB) Viewed 1011 times

Now, gonna try cheating a little and see if I can pump up the sky colour in CS3. Shh, don't tell, maybe no-one will notice. :rotfl:
John
So, here is the little cheat. Dropped it into CS3, used a Threshold layer to create a B&W mask for the sky. Clipped a few tops of the trees "on top" of the driveway and did a multiply mode to increase the detail in these leafy areas.

Coludn't find a sky shot with the right stuff, so did a fill layer. Still not happy, but, maybe later. :chickendance: :chickendance:

Trees2.jpg
Trees2.jpg (219.79 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
John
And, uses one of my own called Vivid Sunset and a little Vignette tweak.

Turtle1.jpg
Turtle1.jpg (164.16 KiB) Viewed 998 times
John
Loved the turtle!! HDR 6 and vignette

went overboard on this one..three different versions. One cropped, one just did exsposureand all those other adjustments, the last one another HDR

And now the dino - using Matts City Nights (Dark)

TRex1.jpg
TRex1.jpg (248.46 KiB) Viewed 970 times

and had to do this!

TRex2.jpg
TRex2.jpg (229.32 KiB) Viewed 962 times
John
LOL, John, I almost did the eye too. Looks good
12 posts Page 1 of 2