For those that have finally seen the light!
34 posts Page 1 of 4
my install went fine. it did not import any of my images.
I am going to File, import from elements but it wants me to pick a custom location??
I doesn't like anything I am picking.

what do i choose???
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
it will also let me upgrade to another catalog.

but it is just the thumbnails that it is moving correct.
Isn't that what John told me? My images will not be moving.
I am just worried because I have so little space left on my C: drive. I don't want to add anything I don't have to.
oh, I am so confused?

and the sad part is.... I paid to be this confused. :rotfl:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I give up! Lightroom hates me, says the drama queen. :doh:
I have a closing to go to. I will hope for help when I check back.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, I don't know if this will help you:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.3c061cf2
http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2007/ ... tip_h.html

I don't have LR, so I can't help you directly.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Kimi, are you just trying to get an image to play with or set up a catalog. If it catalog, I don't use that but if you just want to start playing with an image do this. File>import photos from disk..browse to where your pictures are kept , click on it then click on choose, another box will pop up, click on import.
I don't have time to look over the links but thanks girls!
Yes, I want to set up a catalog and import everything from Bridge.
(not sure why it didn't do that on it's own)

now I am out the door. :wave:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
suzib wrote: Kimi, are you just trying to get an image to play with or set up a catalog. If it catalog, I don't use that but if you just want to start playing with an image do this. File>import photos from disk..browse to where your pictures are kept , click on it then click on choose, another box will pop up, click on import.

And once you have done that you have created a catalog. Images cannot be accessed in Lr unless they are in the catalog! Really!
John
Kimi,

I would like to help you with this, but I tried the import from Elements and got worried that it would kill my existing catalog, so, need more info from you.

When it asks for a custom location, I assume it asking you where you want to store the Lr catalog. Personally I would accept the default - you can always do it again and set up a new one in another location. Creating the catalog is not destructive, so give it a shot.

On my system, the default seems to be E:\Documents and Settings\John\My Pictures\Lightroom

Yours will likely be in the C: drive and something like Kimi where mine is John.

If you get stuck, try posting a screen shot and above all don't worry, it is non destructive so gibe it a shot.
John
So you think it wants me to pick the same address as the install?

When I did the installation it asked if I wanted to use my old LR catalog or create a new LR2 catalog. I had no old LR catalog so I chose the new. I wonder if it would have imported from Bridge if I had picked the other?

Edit: it is not giving me a default. :crying:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
34 posts Page 1 of 4