For those that have finally seen the light!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Ok, I had the beta version of LR. All I would have to do is double click on the image and it would open in CS3.
I have an image I would like to edit and I can't for the life of me get it to open.
I have picked edit in CS3 by right clicking and by going to Photo, edit in.

It does open CS3 but that is it. ACR never opens with the image???
Does LR2 have something special I have to do for a raw image or does it really just HATE me???

I am really feeling stupid!
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
LR is behaving the way its supposed to. Since it is a RAW editor, if you are opening from LR to CS3 it bypasses CS3's ACR editor. Now, if you were to open a picture in CS3 by doing File -> Open, it would open in ACR.

And there are 3 ways I know of to go from LR to CS3 or PSE:
- In Windows do CTRL + E at the same time
- Right click and pick from the menu that opens
- Or from the upper menu in LR. Not sure what that pick is as I'm at work at the moment. 95% of the time I do
CTRL E.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I'm following you Gene. No ACR because it can be done in LR.
I am trying the CTRl E and the others but I still can't get the image to show in CS3.

yet it opens CS3, I just get no image.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
hmmm......that one hasn't happened to me yet. Sometimes it can be a bit slow bringing up the image in CS3, but they've always opened. And it seems LR is doing its part since CS3 is getting opened. Need to check Adobe's troubleshooting site....... :puter:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Kimi,

When You installed the new version of Lr, it should have updated your version of ACR to 4.5.0.175

Start CS3, click Help, About Plug-In, Camera Raw and see what it says.

If not 4.5.0.175, initiate an update from CS3, then as soon as it starts working, close CS3 or the update won't update ACR.
John
well.......

I checked camera raw and it is correct. I checked the things it said in Gene's link and that is all correct also.
Got to tell you, this is money I am sorry I spent!!! :evil:

I finally loaded the images into Bridge and got there that way. :doh:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, for some reason this has been a common problem for some people. There are several work-arounds for this.Check this thread especially the third one down (that has worked for all that has done it)

http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?t=2734

here is the same work-around but from a different forum
There is a workaround that seems to work for most of us. You choose PSCS3 as your alternative external editor in preferences (you will get a message saying you already have PSCS3 as external editor and do you want to choose it as alternative also--say yes. When you right click over your image to do a round trip to PSCS3 you now choose photoshop.exe and a tiff is prepared, PS opens, you do further processing and save--and then it does stack with the RAW in LR. As I understand it, there will be a 2.1 to correct this and the other issues--none of which have plagued me.
ahh....I remember seeing that once before.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

I just got an email from B&H that references their review of LR2 and it mentioned this problem and gave the same solution:

Some Lightroom users are reporting issues when sending items to Photoshop. If you do run into trouble, have no fear, there is a rather simple workaround. In the Lightroom Preferences menu, tab over to "External Editing." Create a new preset for Photoshop CS3 in the "Additional External Editor" part of the screen. Save the preset and it will be available for future use.

You can find the B&H review here. The review also talks about LR2 plugins, something I haven't explored yet.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

15 posts Page 1 of 2