For those that have finally seen the light!
13 posts Page 2 of 2
smiles wrote: Michel, it's the mood. I have had a really hard summer. 2 surgeries and then pneumonia. I have about another 4 weeks before I can do anything, no riding or driving. I can't get out and use my camera yet. It's has about got the best of me! but I am on the mend now! Thanks for asking! I should check out my calibration though, what method do you prefer for calibrating your monitor?

Shari, I half suspected it... and I am glad you are now full of energy. I must say your present editing is artistically impressive, particularly your rendition of your niece.
I am not a good example for calibrating a monitor. I had to change my CRT a few months ago. It was a 21" Dell trinitron, very sharp but impossible to calibrate. I was looking for a new LCD with S-IPS panels and a calibrator... but my son gave me a good 19" CRT who gave me very good results. I think my next acquisition will be Lightroom, a new display will come later. So, now I still rely on Adobe Gamma and checking on my monitor and my Internet service (mypix). Anyway, my suggestion came from a frequent observation with people coming from a CRT to a new, very bright and contrasty LCD. They are too bright most of the time, and the prints come out dark.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Michel,

Great pictures again! Thanks for picking such pretty things for us to play with! :thanks: :thanks:

The first on for me is the seaside - I thought I had boosted the saturation a little too much until I peeked at the metadata and is says it was shot in October, so I thought the tree colours were probably real. And if not, they are now!

IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg (136.58 KiB) Viewed 872 times

And then the street shot - love the colours. For both of these just played with the basic adjustments, but for this one I cropped and straightened a little in Lr - I think it is still off a bit, but looks OK.

IMG_1233.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg (202.53 KiB) Viewed 872 times
John
This one make me think of an old time street scene, hence the preset "old timee"

IMG_1233-copy.jpg
IMG_1233-copy.jpg (226.99 KiB) Viewed 858 times
13 posts Page 2 of 2