For those that have finally seen the light!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm providing support to one of the major oil companies as they recover from the effects of Hurricane Ike on their offshore crude oil producing platforms. While it wasn't in my job description, I was tasked to process scores of pictures that were taken to chronicle the damages. Well....truth be told....I volunteered! :D

The photos were taken with a variety of small digicams, mostly by folks who only knew how to point and shoot. Needless to say, quality was pretty poor, but in most cases the shots were salvageable and would play an important part in assessing damages and identifying repair strategies.

The big problem was that they needed the photos asap and all the shots needed touching up ranging from minimal to major. Lightroom turned out to be the task for the job; the ability to make a set of adjustments and selectively apply those to multiple photos really streamlined the workflow! In no case did I have to go to Elements or CS3 for further adjustments; Lightroom had all the tools I needed to complete the assignment.

Definitely worth the investment! Now if I can only get my boss to reimburse me for the software....

p.s. Wish I could share some of the photos with you (especially before and after) but I can't. Oh well....
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Chuck,
Congratulations for the good job and first class experience'!
I don't know for your boss, but if I were Adobe... I could make good use of this testimony.
If I have well understood, you'll be able to appraise your own damages this week-end?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Congratulations, Chuck. Sure would like to see some of the photo's. When do you get to go back home?? Did it weather the storm??
If nothing else, Chuck, you should be able to deduct the cost of LR as a business expense. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Chuck,

Good to see that face again, hope all is well.
John
5 posts Page 1 of 1