For those that have finally seen the light!
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I am trying to find out if my ACR for CS3 is up to date but can't seem to find it. Can someone give me the path as to where it is located, please.
Suzi,
The last version of camera raw for CS3 is version 4.6. No newer versions will be supported unless you upgrade to CS4! If you want to support new cameras, you'll have to use the free DNG converter (currently version 5.1) or to use PSE6 or PSE7.

Open a raw file and click the preference icon on the top of the screen, next to the red eye tool. This will show you your present version.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Suzi,

In CS3, the easiest way it to launch the program, wait for a few seconds for it to settle down, them do a Help, Updates.

CS3 will scan for any and all updates and download them to the computer and install them.

What they dont tell you is that as soon as it starts to download, you should close CS3, otherwise it will not install items properly. ACR is one of the ones that does not install unless CS3 is not running.

A friend of mine spent 1.5 hours with Adobe trying to get it to install - they couldn't and wound up blaming the browser.

Sometimes Adobe Help isn't the best.

Current version for Photoshop CS3 is 10.0.1 and for ACR is 4.6.0.30.
John
I have always manually installed mine but can't find the right path for it. Do you know what that is??? If not I will do it the other way.
Suzi,

I think it might be here - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats
John
Yep, that is it. I looked everywhere but there. Thanks so much, John
I'm finding it in 2 places for CS3:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\File Formats

and

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

And if you check the Help -> About Plugin menu, I find 2 entries for ACR there also. It isn't until I make sure the Camera Raw.8b file is copied to both places, do both those entries in the menu agree as to what version of ACR I am using.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene, I don't have it in the first place you posted but it is in the second. Is it supposed to be in both??? It is the most recent one though
Suzi,
I can't tell you exactly for CS3, but having the plug-in in more than one folder is the main problem encountered by Elements users.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I don't have it in the first place you posted but it is in the second. Is it supposed to be in both??? It is the most recent one though

I would say that if its working, don't mess with it. I will try to do some investigating to see how that happened to me or what is going on with it.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
12 posts Page 1 of 2