For those that have finally seen the light!
25 posts Page 1 of 3
Hi, all!

Here's the latest installment of the long-running ACR/LR Challenge for your enjoyment. The photos were taken at a fall festival at Armand Bayou Nature Center, a very nice prairie and forest preserve in the 'burbs south of Houston, TX. One of the pictures is a little unusual and may be more of a puzzle than a legitimate challenge subject - BUT I submit it anyway. Not great photos, but they sure do like presets.... :D

The RAW photos (from my Canon G9 point-and-shoot) may be downloaded at this link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/72287210/36 ... ge_34.html

Remember the rules of engagement: All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your noise filter. You can make some MINOR changes in PSE/CS3 if you want. If you use a preset, please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe your workflow.

And, as Gene implied last week, no one is going to police the process :o

Hope everyone is well - too much work here, but hoping that next year will be better in that regard.

Cheers,
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Here's one.
Rocking Chair-2.jpg
Rocking Chair-2.jpg (55.13 KiB) Viewed 1090 times

All in Lightroom:
Aged Photo
Punch
Colorize Orange
WB: Sun/Flash
Matt's Edge Darkening
PNG overlay
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
And another:
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1069.jpg (63.79 KiB) Viewed 1085 times

All in LR:
Steller Guru GreenGold
Orange and Red Saturation boost
Matt's Edge Darkening
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Sunny, did you do the png overlay in LR also. If so how????
I did, Suzi. I've got to go run get in the shower and go to work. I'll explain later. :-)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
OK - here's one way:

1. Choose your photo and click the Print module. For this example, I clicked Layout Engine on the right column, chose Picture Package and then Fine Art Mat under Lightroom Templates in the Template Browser on the left column.

2. Now, click to open Overlays on the right column. Make sure Identity Plate is checked. Click the down arrow below and to the right of the current plate (mine just says Lightroom) and choose Edit from the dropdown box. The Identity Plate Editor will pop up. Mark the circle next to "Use a graphical identity plate."

3. After you do that, the current Identity Plate is replaced by a black box with the words "Drop an image here, or click to choose one." Use the Locate File button and browse to the file where you have your logo, etc. I has to be a .png. Choose the file you want and click OK. Your logo will show up on your photo.

4. At this point, you can adjust opacity, resize it and rotate it. The rotation dropdown is to the right of where you check marked Identity Plate. Be sure NOT to check Render on every image. If you do that, you won't be able to move, resize or rotate it. I can't think of any reason you'd want to check Render behind image, because it literally puts it behind the picture.

5. Next, click Print Job and choose JPEG file in the Print to: dropdown. I left the file resolution at 300 ppi and JPEG quality at 100. Click Print to File and save your file where you want it.

AND, a way to do it in the Slideshow module: http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/2008 ... ur-photos/

It also works with frames - see here: http://lightroomextra.com/

Since it worked with watermarks and frames, I figured it would work with an overlay, and it did. I ended up exporting and then bringing it back into LR to crop a little around the edges where the overlay overlapped (my computer was acting up and I had trouble resizing).
I am printing this up and will give it a try. You are soooooooooo smart!!!! I never would of thought of trying that
Nah - I'm not that smart, I just read a lot. :D
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
I love this one, Chuck
preset..dave hill 04, then played with some sliders, vignette. Cheated alittle, did a curves in CS3

chuck.jpg
chuck.jpg (166.22 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
Sunny, another question, when I saved as a jeg, I got a whole bunch of white frame around it. How do I just get the image without the white borders.
25 posts Page 1 of 3