For those that have finally seen the light!
16 posts Page 2 of 2
Been busy for a while, trying to get back into the swing of things.

This is one cute kid. Lovely picture! Couldn't get the picture I liked until I used the Lr White Balance tool on the white of the eye.

IMG_0780.jpg
IMG_0780.jpg (146.55 KiB) Viewed 930 times

Having trouble with the rodeo picture - maybe later . . .
John
IMG_0780.jpg
IMG_0780.jpg (67.6 KiB) Viewed 912 times

Thought he might make a good B&W.......

I used the brush in LR2 to brighten his eyes and also an exposure boost. Played with some of the other settings and then did the B&W conversion and upped the contrast a bit.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene and John, it is sooooooooooooooo good to see you two back!!! Great job both of you
Good to be back. I finally got a bit of a lull in what I have been doing, so thought I'd jump in again.

Here's my take on the train, which was especially challenging due to the extremes of light and shadow.
IMG_0195.jpg
IMG_0195.jpg (137.67 KiB) Viewed 900 times

After my usual adjustments, I hit the train with LR2's brushes adding exposure, contrast, clarity, and sharpness adjustments. I then took it into CR3 and cheated a bit with a high pass sharpening action with a soft light blending mode and a bit of noise reduction.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
That looks great, Gene. Can you believe that I took that through a fence, you can't see the fence at all!!
Suzi,

Good to have some time again - hope it lasts!

O.K., back to business. Tried everything in Lr, couldn't get happy, so took it as far as I could and wound up with this.

IMG_8816.jpg
IMG_8816.jpg (185.46 KiB) Viewed 882 times

Then, opened in CS3 as Smart Object, copied the layer, changed copied layer to standard layer (rasterized it), reduced opacity, then opened up original smart object and reset the Basic sliders to defauly valures, added a layer mask and got this.

IMG_8816 as Smart Object-1.jpg
IMG_8816 as Smart Object-1.jpg (178.38 KiB) Viewed 882 times
John
16 posts Page 2 of 2