For those that have finally seen the light!
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Here is this week's challenge. Most of these that I selected are in need of serious help. Sure would like to see the members that used to play in there come back!!!!! Michel and I are missing you a bunch. Would also be nice to see alot of the other members try this out also, please.

Remember the rules of engagement: All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your noise filter. You can make some MINOR changes in PSE/CS3 if you want. If you use a preset, please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe your workflow.

And, as Gene implied recently, no one is going to police the process

link:
http://dc19.4shared.com/download/742837 ... online.zip
IMG_0195w.jpg
IMG_0195w.jpg (78.96 KiB) Viewed 1102 times

Suzi, the first one is really an excellent shot of a harsh contrasty scene where the very slight colouring makes a huge difference. Besides its artistic value, it is a perfect example of what you'll miss if you don't shoot raw. Both Its shadows and highlights need the maximum adjustments as well as the white balance (7300°) but I was able to recover all details in those areas whithout clipping and with a nice balance. I'll have a look at the default conversion with the Canon RIT converter which can give the result of an in-camera jpeg conversion.

Edit: I don't know why, but your first two CR2 cannot be opened in Canon's RIT or DPP, the last two are OK.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
IMG_0780w.jpg
IMG_0780w.jpg (68.07 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

The basic tab of ACR does wonders, you have to test it by yourself to believe it! Another compelling proof of the advantage of raw. A masterful portrait :thumbsup:
- temp 4100
- tint +33
- fill 21
- brightness 35
- contrast 59
- clarity 27
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
That is weird Michel, they open in mine. Have you tried them with ACR in elements. I might have to re-upload those 2 if they are corrupted. Which ones are they?
I suppose I'll have to update my Canon software, they open all right in Elements/ACR as you can see. The last two are showing in both RIT and DPP, but I have not tried them. My idea was to show that a jpeg would have been unable to catch the contrast in the first one. For the second one, a comparison between default and edited is night and day!
Michel B

Mes Galeries
IMG_8816w.jpg
IMG_8816w.jpg (80.11 KiB) Viewed 1083 times

and:
IMG_8942w.jpg
IMG_8942w.jpg (132.03 KiB) Viewed 1084 times

In both pictures you get warm tones from afternoon sun and deep blue shadows. Difficult to find the right white balance in the first one. In the second, not difficult since you can ignore the warm background, even without cropping.
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Nice job on all of them, Michel
Well, I finally got one to download!!
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa, welcome back, Shari!!! Looking good
Thank you, Suzi! I have no problems with downloading anywhere but 4 shared. I just don't understand it, but it finally downloaded one today :woohoo:
16 posts Page 1 of 2