For those that have finally seen the light!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
This one might be a little oranger (sp)

Attachments

I will see what can be done. The raw file would of been better but lets see what can be done
Jdaa, How is this?
I opened it in ACR & set the white point. It pretty much removed the unnatural orange. Then used curves, HSL & unsharp mask.
Im assuming the blue in the bkgr. is from fluorescent lighting.

_DSC9802web_1.jpg
_DSC9802web_1.jpg (137.85 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
There is a photoshop tutorial on line titled “An Easy Way To Find Neutral Gray” available here - http://www.photoshopessentials.com/phot ... l-gray.php

Although it is for CS2/3, the same thing can be done in Elements with the exception if using the marking tool to indicate the neutral gray point. Once this is done for one image, you can drag the Levels layer to subsequent pictures and it is a pretty good quick fix.

_DSC9667web.jpg
_DSC9667web.jpg (103.77 KiB) Viewed 1568 times

_DSC9802web.jpg
_DSC9802web.jpg (120.28 KiB) Viewed 1567 times

The first image was just processed to find the gray spot, the second was the Levels layer copied to the second picture, then a slight tweak for exposure.
John
John, that is really neat! Thanks for the tip!!

Now I hope I can remember it next time I need it.... :oops:
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Good job, John. The raw experts on are the job, wooooo-hooooooooooo
_DSC9802web-3.jpg
_DSC9802web-3.jpg (129.91 KiB) Viewed 1535 times

Took a stab at it in LR. First I reset the white balance by finding a point on the referee's left shoulder on one of the white stripes where I found a point that the RGB values were all within 1% of each other and used that. I then reduced orange saturation from the gym floor, which also reduced the yellow and red values some. I didn't want to push it too far, as skin also has those same tones in it and it would not have been as natural, IMO.

No other changes than that.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Chuck:

This is something I picked up from Scott Kelbys book(s) and is really a neat trick, especially the layer copying. There are other ways of doing this, but I prefer the one outlined in the tutorial. This is especially usef\ul if you are doing a posed shot and can get a Black/White/Gray card - included in a lot of Kelbys books, but cab be easily made up bt a visit to the paint centre and getting paint sample cards. The most important is gray.

Gene:

Neat. I tried this in Lr and couldn't find the sweet spot, and then went to the neutral gray.
John
Gene, could you go into more detail on finding as John said the sweet spot. Where do you see the rbg percentages??
Target-Values.jpg
Target-Values.jpg (100.54 KiB) Viewed 1479 times

To do this in LR, select the Eyedropper Tool in the WB section of Basic in the Develop Module. You then want to find a target where the RGB values (circled) are within 1% of each other. As you can see by this example, the values I found are within .5% of each, from 90.6% to 91.1%. And my apologies to John here. I couldn't find the same spot I used the first time either. I used off the shoulder of one of the spectators as shown by the arrow. (the picture is obviously not adjusted here)

In previous editing I tried targeting the neutral gray spot, which according to Scott Kelby and crew is in the 60% range, as close as you can get the values to those. When I read about the 1% recommendation in Mikkel Aaland's book "Lightroom2 Adventure", I started trying it and found I was starting to get better results. I have also found that it doesn't seem to matter where you pick, just so those values are all within 1%. In the other thread where we are discussing this, in my 2nd post there is a shot where the neutral point was selected from the black shorts of a spectator. The results were pretty much the same as from when I picked from someone's grayish shirt in the background that resulted in much higher target percentage values in the high 80% range.

Below is the finished pic using the WB target selected from above, with Saturation adjustments of Red -12 and Orange -26; then Luminance adjustments of Red +9 and Orange +16. Saturation was done from the cheek of the wrestler who seems to be winning the match, and the Luminance was done from the orange legging of our guy who seems to be losing at this point.

Target Pick 2.jpg
Target Pick 2.jpg (133.54 KiB) Viewed 1480 times

Hope this helps.....

These adjustments can also be done in ACR with CS. Unfortunately, only WB can be set in ACR inside PSE. The color would need to done in PSE after opening the picture from ACR. This is one of the reasons I personally like LR so much. The control I have over these things is so much easier, and in my opinion, better.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
13 posts Page 1 of 2