For those that have finally seen the light!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I finally figured out how to process multiple files to get RAW images to JPEGs and work on the orange tint problem with the help of everyone here. Here is what mine looks like now. I'm definitely not a pro and sometimes can't even tell which photo looks better than the other.

Thanks again for all the help.

Attachments

I'm always at a loss when it comes to sharpening. Genevh, you helped with the color tint in my previous post and your sharpening looked right on. Could you tell me settings you used? Thank you so much.
Looking good, Jada
Nice work, Jdaa

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I'm always at a loss when it comes to sharpening. Genevh, you helped with the color tint in my previous post and your sharpening looked right on. Could you tell me settings you used? Thank you so much.

My LR is set up for a default sharpening of 25 on a 0 - 150 scale, Radius = 1.0, Detail = 25, and Masking of 0. Other than that, I didn't adjust for sharpening or exposure, other than the WB and color adjustments I applied. There may be more that I would do to the pictures, but the question was on WB and color. Your focus on both pictures was spot on, and I don't think I would do much adjusting for exposure either as the pictures you supplied look properly exposed to me. But then, a lot of what we do here can be somewhat subjective.

Michel's suggestions concerning color casts and reflected color are also completely valid. I wouldn't argue against them at all. Again, so much of what we do here is entirely subjective, based on the end result of the artist's (in this case your) goals in taking the shots and the results you were looking for. And we have an amazing tool kit to work with, with so many options to consider and different ways of approaching our work.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
5 posts Page 1 of 1