For those that have finally seen the light!
32 posts Page 1 of 4
Starting early, because tomorrow is really hectic.

PosterShot.jpg
PosterShot.jpg (235.95 KiB) Viewed 1490 times

Some pictures from last fall - been too busy and too much winter here lately, so you gotta go with the old stuff!

So, the basics.

The Rules:
1. Lr Rule 5 - Enjoy

2. The Usual stuff:

All work must be done in either ACR or LR except for cropping, sharpening and using your noise filter. You can make some MINOR changes in PSE/CS3 if you want. If you use a preset, please list the name and a link to the source if you have that information. Also, if you'd like, please describe your workflow. [Or not, but fess up and tell us what you did.]

The link for the images is http://www.4shared.com/dir/14355358/b0d3fbde/ACR54.html

And now for something different - a challenge WITHIN a challenge (talk about breaking the rules) :chickendance: :chickendance:

The top right shot is RiverTree.CR2 - ths sky is kind of blown out, but there is a lot of beautiful pink and rose colours hidden there. Go into the editor of your choice and either accentuate it or replace it. I have tried the techniques from http://www.msjphotography.com/index.php ... -and-hair/ on this and liked it. So, for all those who have been "limited" by the challenge, go ahead - Make My Day - and tell us how you did it! :thumbsup:
John
And one to "prime the pump"

Cropped, desatured using the saturation sliders, but held on to the blossom - all in Lr.

Flower-1.jpg
Flower-1.jpg (98.79 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
John
Nice John. I will start on mine in the morning
RiverTreeW.jpg
RiverTreeW.jpg (223.06 KiB) Viewed 1459 times

Combination of two different ACR conversions, large version in gallery:
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/1355066/34004
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Berrys.jpg
Berrys.jpg (166.53 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

Color adjustment plus negative clarity in ACR followed by adjust camera distortion (vignette + barrel) and radial blur on the edges in PSE6.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Michel,

Great work on the river tree. Did you use masks to blend the two images together?

As for the red berrys - all I can say is Very Berry Nice! :cheer2: :woohoo:
John
Your tree one, John. I used a combination of LR, Redynamix and Topaz adjust. Different layers and opacities

RiverTree-Edit-copy.jpg
RiverTree-Edit-copy.jpg (219.37 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
jlwilm wrote: Michel,
Did you use masks to blend the two images together?

Yes, I did use a luminosity mask, but I could have used only the highlight version. There was less detail and color in shadows, but aesthetically that did not make a big difference. However I used an edge mask (find edges, inverted) to select and desaturate blues in the areas with purple fringing. I used the same mask to sharpen selectively.
Michel B

Mes Galeries
On this one I went a little artzy, used preset called engel schwarz

FallFlower-Edit.jpg
FallFlower-Edit.jpg (85.14 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
I don't remember what I done to this one :o :biggrin:

Attachments

32 posts Page 1 of 4